“Great location and great service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge in Saint Joseph

Econo Lodge in Saint Joseph
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Saint Joseph
“Great location and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed here because I was going to be racing in Benton Harbor and it was the only place that was left! It is under new management. The rooms were clean and nice! The staff was very friendly. I didn't have a single problem and it is literally right down the street from the beach. I had booked it for 4 nights but asked if it would be ok to leave a day early because I wanted to stay with friends. They had no problem with it and I was able to spend that extra time with close friends and I was very appreciative of that. For the price, compared to other places, it was great, along with the location. I knew the pool wasn't up and running from other reviews so that didn't bother me either. When I go back I will be getting a room here! I was pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Jennifer G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Cheap stay on a Saturday Night in the summer in Michigan? Stay here. A mile from downtown... Room comes with newer beds, carpet, tv microwave & refrigerator. Bathroom not bad (Toilet separate from sink) bed is firm, air conditioning is COLD but loud, however, shower had great pressure but didn't drain. (by the way they only give you a bar of soap and shampoo only for use) But heck, I'd stay again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank spartyharty
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I was honestly expecting a bit more when I read it was undergoing renovations. But, you really do get what you pay for. For what it's worth, this place was decent, clean and close to downtown(1+miles). Our room smelled funky but it wasn't a deal breaker. The bedspread had stains but we just threw it off. The AC worked, and the refrigerator and micro in the room is a nice feature. I didn't use the shower bit those in our room that did said it didnt drain well. The pool wasn't up and running and they didn't make any mention of it when booking.

All in all average for this type of place.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank SpartyK
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I booked a room here while in town visiting some friends. This place is apparently under new management since the last reviews were written and has been completely renovated. I was very comfortable. Clean room, new carpet and brand new beds. I'll stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
#3 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Hilton Garden Inn Benton Harbor / St. Joseph
Days Inn & Suites Benton Harbor MI
BEST WESTERN Benton Harbor-St. Joseph

Been to Econo Lodge in Saint Joseph? Share your experiences!