“Upscale Pub”

Price range: US$5 - US$26
Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
“Upscale Pub”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is an excellent local restaurant. The atmosphere is casual, friendly pub. The menu is somewhat surprising with some gourmet items in addition to burgers, etc. Good sweet potato fries.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Martha R

Nashville, Tennessee
“Great neighborhood pub in downtown Saline”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Great food, friendly service, great value. Paul the owner is seemingly always there and ensuring that everything is going well. The only thing they have on tap are michigan beers (except for guiness but who can blame them). Try the French dip, any of the burgers and their seasonal homemade chips.

Ann Arbor, MI
“Too expensive for what you get”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This restaurant is near where we live and we've dined there a few times, most recently last week. We believe in supporting the local businesses but there are too many upscale restaurants in downtown Saline. And this one isn't particularly that good.

Last time here my wife ordered the fish tacos as she has done at a number of other restaurants, it being one of her favorite dishes. She was quite appalled that for $14 what passed for fish in this taco looked like deep fried cod crumbs. I've seen more fish in your average goldfish bowl. I ordered steak which seemed slightly bitter, as it it had been aged a little more than it should have been. I will say, the sauces here are top notch. The remoulade had a delicious spiciness which paired with pretty much everything on my plate--steak, potatoes, greens, etc.

I also ordered a salad which was very heavy on the leafy greens, light on everything else. If I were a moose I probably would have given it five stars. But myself, I prefer a little diversity in my garden salad.

I realize that this bar and grill is quite popular and certainly has its fans. You just can't count my wife and I being among them.

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pricey but good”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My dad and I went in for lunch. We got a burger and a french dip with two cokes. Its cost $30! The food is good, not sure it was worth $30. After we left I felt kinda robbed. Will not be going back.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Teri C
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“LOVE LOVE LOVE”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This was my first experience and I was so happily surprised ! The prices are very reasonable for the quality of food and service.
I started out with the fried pickles and they were incredible served with a remoulade sauce. A very large portion. I also had a few bites of my friend's crab cakes, again served with the delicious remoulade and they were incredible as well.
Next I had a small cup of the seafood soup. I was disappointed by the bland flavor but it was the only negative of my experience.
My entree was Chicken Cherry Ziti and OMG......it was to die for. It was the special so not sure it will be on the menu next time I go. It had cherries, mushrooms, asparagus tips, with the pasta and very juicy chicken.
Last but not least was the lemon berry marscapone cake. I WAS IN HEAVEN. This cake was so moist and full of flavor with the light cream filling. It's a NOT MISS. Beautiful. I will be back. It's my new favorite place !

• Visited April 2014

Been to Brecon Grille? Share your experiences!