“fun casino” 5 of 5 bubbles

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“fun casino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Very Clean well lit and well laid out casino Lots of slots to choose from as well as black jack and poker. Very well attended by professional staff . I stop by a few times a year for some gaming fun. Win or lose I have always had a good experience. I noticed other reviews commented on food not being great. I haven't ever eaten there so all I have to say about that is "ITS A CASINO!!!" If you are looking to dine out. go to one of the many great restaurants in and around Victoria not the CASINO! I also noticed complaints about parking. Are you kidding me? Sure there is limited parking in the lot outside the casino but in case you didn't notice there is a very large safe secure bright parking garage attached to the casino. If you really don't want to drive there is also a free shuttle to downtown.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank traveljunkieVictoria

Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“NOT WORTH VISIT”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Terrible parking and limited entertainment. Small and dingy casino with no appeal at all. Terrible food and equally inept management really limit your choices. Reminded me of an extended care home for seniors with slot machines. Save your money for something else.

11 Thank FirstGoal
Victoria, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Parking is always a game”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Good way to spend an hour or two, best machines are always hogged by the gambling regulars. Food is average, not really "fresh". Nothing fancy, just someplace to hang out and waste your money for fun.

4 Thank IslandDweller96
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Its a gamble eating here "Penny Lane Bistro"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

Upon seating myself in this restaurant about 1 PM the first thing I noticed was vinyl table cloths.. that weren't wiped/sanitized after each use. Not even a hint of the dreaded Windex. I was promptly given a menu and it was standard anywhere kind of fare. I ordered.. the beef dip and fries.. a safe bet.. only to be informed that they had no beef for the sandwich.. to I ordered a reuben instead.. well they didn't have any corned beef so I ordered the shepherds pie.. well they were out of that too.. I was miffed. Only 3 tables of 2 besides myself and they are out of food?? There is no excuse for this in my opinion. Finally.. I asked what do you have.. and they said the Fish and Chips were good.. so I ordered that with side salad instead of fries.. It arrived hot.. salad properly dressed.. and with lemon wedges.. BUT.. the batter inside the fish and chips was raw.. So I sent it back.. 15 mins later.. the fish and chips again arrived again.. the batter was darned near burned.. so I dissected the portions to see what was going on inside.. Inside was a strip of cold cod I think.. about the same thickness and length of a golf pencil ( 4 inches by one quarter inch). on the outside it measured 8 inches.. and about 2 inches in diameter.. I sent it back. and asked for my bill which they offered a discount .. yes a discount for rather than no bill at all as I only had about 1/4 cup of salad. The 2 servers on shift.. had a long way to go the kitchen.. they had a separate ill furnished dining room to look after as well along with full bar service and a couple of bar stools. There were not over worked.. just poorly trained in food service if they were trained at all besides using the POS system. Touching the eating or drinking surfaces of glassware and cutlery with their hands was done over and over again. No sanitation practice.. no hidden clearing station.. Poor organization.. they should have worked the two man team.. one placing all food orders and doing beverages .. the other running all food. I don't think either of them could carry 3 plates on one hand which is pretty much industry standard for a restaurant of this type. It was awful food and awful service.. I will say however that the sincerity of the staff in trying to get me something edible was noteworthy. I think they were trained a little in conflict resolution. On a side note.. the little dining area in front of the bar had its fire exit routes blocked with 2 tables of 4 and seemed that they always do. I would not eat here again nor recommend it. Not even the "all day breakfasts" which were advertised on grease smeared table tents looked appealing. If I ever won anything big at the casino I sure would not eat or drink there. Anywhere else would have been better.

Visited April 2013