“Some of the best ice cream I've ever had”

Charlie's Round the Corner Ice Dream
Ranked #3 of 8 Dessert in Saugatuck
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Seating, Takeout
Ferndale, Michigan
“Some of the best ice cream I've ever had”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We were ready for our ice cream fix and Kilwin's was too crowded, so we stumbled across Charlie's, and boy, were we glad we did. The Grasshopper (mint/chocolate) is some of the best ice cream I've ever had. I had it on a Saturday evening and went back for a second helping on Sunday afternoon. It's not to be missed!!

• Visited June 2013

saugatuck, michigan
“Quality and Quantity - Best Ice Cream Place in Saugatuck”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Charlie's (round the corner) or "The old Pink Place" whatever you call it, is a family favorite. When walking the streets of Saugatuck on a hot summer day I often see people hemming and hawing over Kilwin's or Charlie's. I see so many first timers choose Kilwin's because of the corner location, the name, the ambiance, whatever. Don't get me wrong Kilwin's has a lot going for it: fudge, candy, atmosphere. But when it comes to ice cream you will spend several dollars more for about half the ice cream at Kilwin's. I also prefer the flavor of the Sherman's ice cream served at Charlie's. Oh, Peppermint Patty please come back next year!

Some people prefer the less sugary and smaller quantity ice cream at Kilwin's, but I plead with you to walk across the street and down past the ATM to give Charlie's a try. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
Arlington, VA
“If I could give this 6 stars, I would”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We go to Saugatuck every summer...and every month that we're not there, the kids are dreaming of Charlie's. It's great ice cream in HUGE portions. Their "kids" serving is like a double or triple at a regular place -no exaggeration. The service is good and efficient. Don't be afraid of a line - it moves quickly.

Visited August 2012
Perth, Australia
“Agreed - best ice cream”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I love ice cream. I eat it everywhere. This was the best. What great flavors. I had something with mint ice cream, chocolate chunks, and Oreo cookies. Oh My Gosh was it good! It was even less expensive than the fancier shops in town. Also, the other reviewers are right. A kids cone size was just enough - scoops are huge. Check it out.

• Visited September 2012
Birmingham, Michigan, United States
“Best Ice Cream place”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Having tried the ice cream places in Saugatuck, I would recommend Charlie's. Why? The single scoop is basically a double, and definitely twice what you'd get at the other nearby stands, for no more money. And . . . well . . . all these ice cream places taste good to me, so, Charlie's wins.

Visited August 2012