“Don't miss it!”

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't miss it!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Not sure what today's other reviewer is talking about? I was not served on a paper plate.
Regardless, I love this food, and am so happy they're about to reopen for the season.
In fact, I enjoyed this food so much, I've booked them to cater my wedding in May!
Reasonable prices, in my opinion great food, and lovely people.
I'll see you when I'm up next weekend folks.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank BobbyZSD

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“It's okay.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We were hoping for that wow! experience. It was an average meal, nothing fabulous. But that's okay. It was a clean place with paper plates and a great location.

• Visited May 2013
Lockport, Illinois
“It's okay”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

It's just okay - not great at all. The pulled pork was fine, but the sauce was too tangy for me. My corn bread muffin was burnt along the sides and extremely dry - not impressed at all. I did try one of the deviled eggs which was good/sweet.

I wouldn't go back if I was in the area. The food wasn't that great.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kristen W
Saugatuck, Michigan
“authentic & delicious BBQ!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Authentic southern BBQ of several types of meat, variety in menu, along with delicious sides. We are happy to welcome this family and their skill in creating delicious food typically only found south of the Mason Dixon line

Visited September 2013
2 Thank jennyrenny2
Frankfort, Illinois
“Decent BBQ in a basic atmosphere”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

There isn't much competition for BBQ in this part of Michigan so how much you enjoy this depends on what you're used to and how much you're craving BBQ. It's a basic place, nothing fancy. The pulled pork and brisket are pretty good. Thankfully the sauce is served in bottles on the table because it held no appeal to me. Could have used a couple different types. This was very tangy. I'm not sure why everyone raves about the cornbread muffins because they were probably the worst I've ever had. Bone dry and flavorless. They do have a kids menu and my daughter's grilled cheese was good.

• Visited September 2013