“Very tasty BBQ”
Review of The Hickory Pit - CLOSED

The Hickory Pit
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and I wanted just a small lunch so split a pulled pork sandwich and fries. Price was good and we thought the flavor was excellent. Very informal setting; we actually sat outside to eat. Cannot go wrong here for an informal lunch.

1  Thank hjg33

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed this little place right near the water. The BBQ pie was great, and the kids loved their beans and frank pie. We'll visit this place again!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I wanted to eat in downtown Saugatuck and not break the bank, and we left the Hickory Pit completely satisfied and our bill was $21 and change for two. You can purchase more expensive bbq items, but we opted for some of the unique offerings - I had the bbq baked potato - potato topped with pulled pork, cheese, sour cream and bbq sauce. I couldn't eat it all. My husband had the bbq pie -- pulled pork, baked beans, bbq sauce topped with a cornbread crust. We could have saved a few more bucks and kept it under $20 by having water instead of cokes. We saw people buying bbq carryout, but we opted to eat outside - the inside is not fancy, looks like a diner - clean and serviceable but nothing special. Eating at one of the cafe tables outside allowed us to people watch and experience some of the charm of Saugatuck (without the charm of the expensive eateries). Lots of bbq options, including vegetarian, on the menu with a full range of prices - the food was delicious and the staff friendly and helpful. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

While I have never had any thing containing meet from this establishment, they do have a good vegan "pie".

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Walking around Saugatuck is fun but trying to decide on a place to eat can be stressful, in a good way! Many good eateries to choose from with all types of food. We like barbecue so this seemed like a good fit for us. They have meals that can ring up the money but for the most part it is very reasonable. We each had a baked potato with pulled pork smothered in BBQ sauce and sour cream, UUMMM good. The pulled pork was tender and tasty and the baked potato was hot and not over done. If you like a good BBQ than this could be for you too!