“The Tuscany Cottage”

Hidden Garden Cottages & Suites
Ranked #3 of 19 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were so happy to find this gem of a place to stay! An Italian themed cottage that sits behind the main house, tucked away with little gardens and privacy. We enjoyed our 4 night stay and would absolutely return! Owners Gary and Jonathon were outstanding as gracious hosts and assisted us in trying to find parking during downtown construction. Everything was close by and we had a wonderful getaway! Thanks again!

Room Tip: The Tuscany Cottage is located by itself behind the main cottage and offers more privacy than the ot...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cindysg48

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This review is long past due. My husband and I spent a wonderful fall weekend at Hidden Garden. We were in the San Juan Suite and it was perfect for us. Full kitchen, comfortable living room facing Butler Street - great for people watching but no problem with noise, etc. - and what I think might be one of the biggest bathtubs I have ever seen! Comfortable bed in the separate bedroom. The location cannot be beat, perfect for walking anywhere in town.

The owners/hosts were fantastic to work with and very welcoming. We loved the breakfast basket each morning. We've stayed at more traditional B&Bs and have to say that we've had some strange experiences where we felt "managed" by the hosts, including getting unwelcome early morning phone calls to the room when we chose to sleep in and skip breakfast. Nothing of the sort here - perfect for more independent travelers like us - particularly when the whole point of the trip was to get away and reconnect.

We will definitely be back again this fall.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gingele
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband & I stayed the weekend of April 25-27 to celebrate our anniversary. We stayed in the Orleans room which is actually a small cottage tucked away in the back with a porch to sit on & a garden to enjoy and all very private. We were right in the heart of Saugatuck but felt totally secluded at the cottage. We truly enjoyed the fireplace in the evening as the weather was still chilly. And the breakfast of amazing muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt & orange juice that awaited us every morning was wonderful. We look forward to staying here again.

2  Thank Nana625
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I had a great time staying 4 nights at the Kilimanjaro room April 5-9, 2014. The location was perfect and I really enjoyed seeing Saugatuck for the first time. Even though it was the off-season, there was still a lot to do and the sunsets over the lake are beautiful! I will definitely be staying again the next time I visit!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The weekend of April 11 - 13, my girlfriend and I stayed in the Orleans room. It was our first time visiting Saugatuck and this place was the perfect location. We felt like we were in the heart of Saugatuck. The owners were very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this place to any couple looking for a quiet, romantic getaway. It was nice having breakfast stocked in the fridge while we were gone during the day. It was ready for us in the morning and we could eat in private.

My only negative comment is on the additional package I purchased - Wine, chocolates and bath salts. Everything was great except for the wine. The bottle had a bunch of dirt around the cork and the wine itself tasted funny. We mentioned it to the owner and he was kind enough to give us another, "new" bottle. Unfortunately we still ran into the same issue. My only recommendation to the owner would be to invest in a different wine.

Other than that, great place and I will be staying there again the next time I visit Saugatuck!

Room Tip: Orleans overall was a great room for two for a romantic getaway!
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I spent a fantastic 5 days, April 5-9, at Hidden Garden Cottages & Suites in the Tuscany Cottage. It was a beautiful room with amazing hosts. The cottage was built to give you a small and cozy feel. We have the wonderful fire place and the whirlpool tub, not to mention the amazing muffins, fresh fruit and yogurt. It allowed us the private location and time, but close enough to small town hospitality. Eating at Phil's is a must! The beauty along with the shops and beach made this a wonderful location and we will be back.

Room Tip: Although we stayed in the Tuscany Cottage, all of the locations would be wonderful! Good size beds...
1  Thank RachelVictor
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I spent a wonderful weekend at The Hidden Garden Cottages & Suites to celebrate our 20th anniversary. The room was lovely, breakfast was delicious and our hosts were lovely. The town of Saugatuck was fantastic, everyone was eager to tell us about their town and how wonderful it is. We couldn't agree more. We are looking forward to our next trip when the weather will be warmer.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Orleans and the jetted tub was awesome
1  Thank lisa p