I agree with other reviewers. The room did smell old and of chemicals.. I did not like having to cross a road and navigate 100 steps to the beach. I have some arthritis in my knees and those steps were terrible. The main draw, for me, was the water and the steps made it nearly impossible. This is not a resort, really just a plain old motel. The bed was so uncomfortable my back hurt the entire time While there, however, I did find several other locations that will work for me in the future, not nearly as expensive either!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- View breathtaking sunsets... Walk the Lake Michigan Shoreline... Bike scenic Lakeshore Drive... Relax to gentle lake breezes. The Lake Shore Resort redefines relaxation. Lakeview rooms resting atop the bluff on the shore of Lake Michigan only 3 miles from downtown Saugatuck. Amenities include: private beach with lounge chairs and umbrellas (dependent on lake levels), kayaks, bikes, large heated pool, continental breakfast overlooking Lake Michigan, 2 miles of private nature trails, and much more. Come stay with us. Experience Saugatuck and Stay on Lake Michigan...it's GREAT! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Lake Shore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Shore Hotel Saugatuck
- Lake Shore Saugatuck
- Lake Shore Resort Saugatuck, Michigan