I was looking for a place on the beach within 3 hrs of Saline, and this was the only hotel that fit the bill. This is really not a resort, but a quaint old motel that has been nicely renovated. We had no complaints at all about the room, and the continental breakfast was superb, with homemade baked goods every morning. Most appealing to me was the availability of bicycles and kayaks (included). Behind the hotel are lovely wide trails for bikes or just walking. There are 3 fire rings that stay lit until 10 pm. Yes there is a long stairway down to the beach, but it's great exercise and the view from the bluff is amazing. Saugatuk is a 5 min drive, full of great shops and restaurants. Internet is only available in the lobby and cell phone reception is sketchy, but it is peaceful and romantic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- View breathtaking sunsets... Walk the Lake Michigan Shoreline... Bike scenic Lakeshore Drive... Relax to gentle lake breezes. The Lake Shore Resort redefines relaxation. Lakeview rooms resting atop the bluff on the shore of Lake Michigan only 3 miles from downtown Saugatuck. Amenities include: private beach with lounge chairs and umbrellas (dependent on lake levels), kayaks, bikes, large heated pool, continental breakfast overlooking Lake Michigan, 2 miles of private nature trails, and much more. Come stay with us. Experience Saugatuck and Stay on Lake Michigan...it's GREAT! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Lake Shore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Shore Hotel Saugatuck
- Lake Shore Saugatuck
- Lake Shore Resort Saugatuck, Michigan