“Honeymoon paradise! Excellent staff make you feel really at home.”

Belvedere Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My experience here at the Belvedere Inn was excellent. My bride and I stayed in the Belvedere Suite for our honeymoon. The ambience, the whirlpool bath, the fireplace, the incredible 7-head shower, the chocolate covered strawberrys, the huge fresh flower arrangement in our suite, the self serve tea on the upper level with fresh biscotti, the housemade breakfast scones, yogurt, and granola with fresh fruit and coffee that was phenomenal really made our entire experience very special. The onsite restaurant is excellent. The cuisine was fresh and subtle. The wine list is extensive and well thought out. Chef personally came to our table and asked us how everything tasted. It is the personal attention that really impressed us about this inn. The view of the pond from the Belvedere's Suite private balcony is also a very nice addition to this beautiful room. We look forward to coming back again and agian.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Nathan U

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I spent the long weekend here for our Babymoon. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating, and it was just the relaxing trip that we needed. The food was great (the breakfasts, snacks, and we had dinner one night) and we really enjoyed our room (particularly the window seat) as well. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I come to the Belvedere frequently and try different rooms each time. I have always been greeted like a special friend each and every time. Each room is unique and all are warm and inviting. While I had one of the smaller rooms this time (the Abbey), I loved it. One of its walls is all windows and it was so peaceful to lay in bed and just admire the view on a cool spring morning. The breakfasts are always delicious and offer a variety of fruit, granola, breads as well as a signature warm entree. The Belvedere also has a restaurant that serves dinner and I always make that part of my visit. The dinners are served at a casual pace (some have described as European style) and offer varied courses. I can always count on being able to try something I don't usually eat because I have full confidence that it will be the best. And after dinner, you can just relax on the terrace or walk up to your room. All of the staff care about your comfort and are willing to assist with anything you need. I am always a little down when I leave until I realize that I can come back again. And it will be just as special then.

Room Tip: If you check out the Belvedere's website, pay attention to the room descriptions. Some have whi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend surprised me with this great getaway! I could not have been happier with our hosts Shaun and Jonathan. The prefix dinner was outstanding and the gourmet breakfast was fantastic. Our room was quaint. There will be more trips to come.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

There are many places in Saugatuck to stay overnight, but if you want a memorable experience that leaves you with a smile and a desire to return again, you must stay at the Belvedere Inn. The hospitality, service, rooms, food, ambience and customer amenities where all first class. My wife I will definitely go back again, and look forward to it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Great to be here again. Like homecoming! Delicious food -Thank you, Sean!
It was all good from start to finish. Saturday we had dinner in Douglas and Easter morning we had breakfast, church and brunch, in that order. Church was the only disappointment. :)

Room Tip: Second floor rooms more spacious but we were in a third floor room that was cozy and lovely. Beauti...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Dinner was paced in European style; and it was delicious. Two nights and a credit toward meals was an incentive to make reservations. Chef Shaun provides a relaxed atmosphere and mingles quietly among the guests making sure rooms and hospitality meet guest expectations. No need to travel out of state for a change of scenery...Belvedere Inn is a grand experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugatuck
Hampton Inn Holland
#1 of 24 in Saugatuck
Lake Shore Resort
Lake Shore Resort
#3 of 10 in Saugatuck

Been to Belvedere Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!