“Best B&B in Saugatuck”

Belvedere Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Tucked away just outside downtown Saugatuck is this fantastic Bed and Breakfast. The minute you drive up you know you've found something very special. You're greeted at the door my Jonathan, who will personally show you around the grounds upon check in... You'll be taken back by the beauty of the Inn, the immaculate grounds, and the gracious staff. Enjoy morning coffee, afternoon tea, of evening cocktail on the patio overlooking the fountain and beautiful grounds. Privacy, elegance, peace and quite; this is the place to stay. Only 3 minutes away from downtown Saugatuck by car. We rode the bike trails to Holland... easy access to the trails whether you're taking the ride to Holland (about 10 miles) or to the dunes. Great location... don't pass this one up!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Belvedere Inn & Restaurant

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at the Belvedere Inn for our Anniversary weekend getaway. We had a wonderful time. The staff is extremely helpful and always willing to go the extra mile. We loved the stocked snack bar in the hallway that was always filled with goodies from fresh biscotti, cookies, coffee or ice tea. We wanted to stay somewhere that was a bit more relaxing and that didn't feel like the ordinary hotel but rather that we were guests in someone's house and so we were :) . I also loved their toiletry products that they have in their bathrooms and might have to purchase some now. It was a wonderful relaxing escape.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We came for our holymoon. Our room has a sperate sitting room with a fireplace, and plus a separate dressing room; our own private entrance and an out door porce over looking a well manicured garden. I can not explain how beautiful this whole setting....until you see it by yourself.. Its elegance, charm and comfort perfectly met our expetations. A tasteful sensory treat...

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank gracelavitt
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My experience here at the Belvedere Inn was excellent. My bride and I stayed in the Belvedere Suite for our honeymoon. The ambience, the whirlpool bath, the fireplace, the incredible 7-head shower, the chocolate covered strawberrys, the huge fresh flower arrangement in our suite, the self serve tea on the upper level with fresh biscotti, the housemade breakfast scones, yogurt, and granola with fresh fruit and coffee that was phenomenal really made our entire experience very special. The onsite restaurant is excellent. The cuisine was fresh and subtle. The wine list is extensive and well thought out. Chef personally came to our table and asked us how everything tasted. It is the personal attention that really impressed us about this inn. The view of the pond from the Belvedere's Suite private balcony is also a very nice addition to this beautiful room. We look forward to coming back again and agian.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Nathan U
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I spent the long weekend here for our Babymoon. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating, and it was just the relaxing trip that we needed. The food was great (the breakfasts, snacks, and we had dinner one night) and we really enjoyed our room (particularly the window seat) as well. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I come to the Belvedere frequently and try different rooms each time. I have always been greeted like a special friend each and every time. Each room is unique and all are warm and inviting. While I had one of the smaller rooms this time (the Abbey), I loved it. One of its walls is all windows and it was so peaceful to lay in bed and just admire the view on a cool spring morning. The breakfasts are always delicious and offer a variety of fruit, granola, breads as well as a signature warm entree. The Belvedere also has a restaurant that serves dinner and I always make that part of my visit. The dinners are served at a casual pace (some have described as European style) and offer varied courses. I can always count on being able to try something I don't usually eat because I have full confidence that it will be the best. And after dinner, you can just relax on the terrace or walk up to your room. All of the staff care about your comfort and are willing to assist with anything you need. I am always a little down when I leave until I realize that I can come back again. And it will be just as special then.

Room Tip: If you check out the Belvedere's website, pay attention to the room descriptions. Some have whi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend surprised me with this great getaway! I could not have been happier with our hosts Shaun and Jonathan. The prefix dinner was outstanding and the gourmet breakfast was fantastic. Our room was quaint. There will be more trips to come.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugatuck
Hampton Inn Holland
#3 of 10 in Saugatuck
Twin Oaks Inn
Twin Oaks Inn
#1 of 24 in Saugatuck

Been to Belvedere Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!