“Boat and Breakfast!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Suites Boat & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugatuck
Sea Suites Boat & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
Pontiac, Illinois
“Boat and Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Staying 2 nights for one leg of our coastal Michigan trip, my wife and I enjoyed our Sea Suites stay in Saugatuck, MI. It is conveniently located just off Blue Star highway overlooking an inland river/lake connected to Lake Michigan. It is super easy to get to quaint Douglas just blocks away and not much further to downtown Saugatuck for shopping and restaurants. We were pleased with our very clean and updated cabin. Memory foam style matresses were comfortable. No movement noticed with the boat being docked. The rooftop of the boat has a hot tub, tv, outdoor kitchen/bar area, gas grill, and lounge chairs. Pete and Sally were friendlly and their breakfasts were very good. Highly recommended!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jon K

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Sea Suites for 5 days on a family vacation. It was wonderful! I had never been on a houseboat before and was quite pleasantly surprised. The rooms were large, as were the bathrooms. Sally and Pete were excellent hosts, extremely friendly and hospitable. Breakfast was always more food than I could eat. Hanging out on the roof of the boat was the best part - lounge chairs, a hot tub, grill, refrigerator.. Perfect for relaxing and watching the activity on the lake. Just a short drive from downtown Saugatuck and Douglas and Oval Beach, the location is excellent. And yes, as others have commented, the sheets were the most comfortable I have ever experienced!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank calliec2442
Belleville,MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Cannot say enough good things. We felt we were the most important people to Pete and Sally. All our needs were met, a surprise boquet and champagne for our anniversary that Sally did for my husband, shared their stories, listened to ours but it was because we asked them to. Never did they interfere on our privacy. They are fun, funny, sincere, and have thought of everything, they know the best eats, local travels, have the best sheets I have ever slept on. I was jealous when other guests came aboard 2 nights later. It was quiet, away from the noise of town, yet just a skip away, had the best view from our end patio just outside our bedroom door. Place is sound proof, spacious and has everything you need. We chose to spend the days in town and come back to the boat because it was so enjoyable to be there. Food is great, love the corn in the hash browns, and only your waffles are the best, seriously. We didn't try the hot tub, but it is super clean, didn't try the grill, but will next time. Sally, I forgot your slogan, was it "make your home your destination?" I know Pete, you don't need one. All smiles here, this is a cannot miss opportunity. I felt like I was leaving my favorite aunt and uncle I never get to see, had to wear my sunglasses to say good bye so I could hide my glossy eyes.

Room Tip: All rooms quiet, and the same. We liked #4, because we kept a cooler on the back deck, where we spe...
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We recently stayed at this great floating B&B.
The photos on their web site truly reflect the rooms and the boat.
You will often forget that you're on a boat.
The owners Sally & Pete are excellent. Be sure to ask for their restaurant and bar recommendations. They nailed our needs perfectly.

Be sure to bring your trunks to enjoy the roof top Hot Tub....Enjoy the great sunsets.
Breakfasts were excellent.....Coffee was great.

1 Thank Ed H
Downers Grove, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

From the moment we were greeted at the gang plank we experienced wonderful hospitality and in a unique setting. The rooms were more than adequate and the overall experience was very nice. The food was excellent and the hosts were gracious and sincere.

Manistique, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We are here again and it just gets better. Pete and Sally are friends now after our third stay. Breakfast this morning was a delicious omelet. Sleeping was comfortable, and very quiet. We enjoyed chatting with the hosts and the other guests at breakfast, but we can enjoy our privacy as well. This remains one of our favorite places to stay. Thanks you two for being in the B&B business.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you are looking for something different, this is one of the most enjoyable experiences my wife & I have had in our travels. 3 other couples and us rented the boat for the weekend and it could not have been better. Weather was great, rooms roomy and comfortable, and the owners could not be nicer people. They make fabulous breakfasts, to get your day started right. We would highly recommend and will definitely return.

Room Tip: we had room 3, but all seem to be fairly identical.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends