“Just what we needed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugatuck
Beechwood Manor Inn & Cottage
Ranked #8 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
“Just what we needed”
Reviewed 3 April 2011

My husband and I took a weekend trip and Beechwood was recommended by a friend. It was an easy 3 hour drive from Chicago. The Inn was easy to find and the location was great for walking into the downtown. We were greeted by Gregg and Sal and they were lovely and gracious hosts. Our room were clean and spacious. The Inn was quiet and great for relaxing. The breakfast was amazing and better then a restaurant. The decor was cozy and make you feel at home. We loved our trip and had a great time. Sal and Gregg know the area so well and helped us with our daily plans. We will most certainly be back!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cobrien312

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Tarrytown, New York
Reviewed 1 March 2011

My fiancee and I stayed here for the weekend in Feb. 2011. While Saugatuck is mostly known as a summer vacationing spot, I was in the area on business and decided to stay. First impressions are that it was a cute little house from the outside, close to the downtown area. What really made the trip most memorable was the hospitality of Sal and Greg. No detail was left unaccounted and they were two of the most friendly hoteliers I've ever had.

The breakfasts were divine! So good! I would definitely recommend the Beechwood to anyone out there and will definitely be coming back on my next visit to Saugatuck.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis
Reviewed 1 November 2010

My husband and I were looking for a weekend getaway that we could drive to in a few hours and Saugatuck was recommended by friends. We booked a bed and breakfast in town was very pricey and later decided that we better research it better on Trip Advisor and came upon this little gem of an inn. Greg was charming from the first phone call we made and he and Sal were fabulous hosts. We arrived late but they planned for a late arrival for us. The Inn itself was charming and cozy. The rooms were comfortable and were lacking not a thing. We were in Enids room and had a nice queen bed and a window that looked out over the front of the house. There were robes in each room and a small bottle of wine and glasses if we wanted it. Breakast was really good too. We were given 2 choices and left our order on our doorknob at night. The Inn is within walking distance to town and in a great area. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I booked a three night stay (June 18 through 20) at the Beechwood Manor to celebrate my Partner's Birthday. I have to honestly say that the Beechwood Manor set the standard by which I will judge all future B&B experiences. From booking the room to saying our goodbyes, our hosts Sal and Gregg exemplified a warm and welcoming professionalism.

I made our reservations online via the Beechwood's website and that very same day received a confirmation email and phone call from Sal, one of the Inn's owners. Sal was also very helpful in arranging to have a Birthday Cake, cold carafe of milk, and (of course) candles awaiting us upon our arrival.

We stayed in "Enid's Room" and found it be very spacious and comfortable. The room and all of the Inn's public spaces were spotlessly clean. Given that the Enid is a corner room we were able to leave the windows open day and night and enjoyed a wonderful cross breeze. The environment around the Inn is extremely quiet with the only noise arising when the birds start chirping (very early!) in the morning. The bed was very comfortable and the room was perfectly suited to nesting and napping. Of course, the weather was so beautiful that weekend that we spent alot of time outdoors exploring Saugatuck and Douglas. I guess my only regret was that we didn't have more time to just cozy up inside the room!

A special shout out goes to Gregg for the Wonderful Gourmet Breakfasts he prepared during our stay (Ham and Cheese Strata, Spinach and Sausage Quiche and Eggs Benedict). Every morning you receive a choice between a savory or a sweet breakfast meal. Sal also is a wealth of information on what to do during your stay in Saugatuck / Douglas and his restaurant recommendations were all spot on (don't miss having dinner at Everyday People!).

Other favorites at the Beechwood: Sitting on the rocking chairs on the Porch, taking a nap in the hammock in the yard and the refrigerator in the dining room stocked with complimentary cold drinks (water, soda, milk, etc.) and where guests can also store personal items as well.

Of course, what really made our stay was the warm hospitality of both Sal and Gregg. They were always there to make you feel welcome and were available whenever you needed them. Nevertheless, they never hovered and left you with the privacy and space to enjoy their wonderful home. We will definitely stay here again and are making plans for a Winter trip. During which we plan to allow for plenty of nap time in front of our comfy room's fireplace!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FromPointATo
Reviewed 12 June 2010

I just recently stayed at Beechwood Manor. We chose the home mostly because of the price and other reviews we had read. We arrived later than expected, but were pleasantly surprised when we showed up. The home itself is a home from the 1870s. The hosts, Greg and Sal, added an addition to the back in which the live. The inside featured a nice big bed, antique furniture, and a great old bathtub with a shower. The room was spacious and clean - as was the rest of the home. My only complaint was that the TV was too small in the room even though the only watching I did was part of a hockey game. In the morning we were treated to an amazing breakfast of quiche and sweet potato pancakes. The portions were just about right and the service was great. Sal and Greg, the owners spent some time after breakfast explaining what there is to do in the town. I absolutely loved my stay, and the hosts made it that much better. They were extremely kind and helpful. If you need anything all you have to do is knock on their door and they'll come out to help you.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 5 June 2010

The owners, Sal and Gregg, are active on site taking care of any and all requests. The Inn is nicely decorated and the breakfast was wonderful. The Inn is located in a nice neighborhood and a short walk to downtown Saugatuck.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Evanston, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Beechwood Manor is located at the top of a hill in a quite residential neighborhood about a 5 to 10 minute walk from the shops of Saugatuck.

We had a great experience for our anniversary, including: a delicious breakfast with stuffed French toast and quiche; great recommendations for a romantic restaurant with live jazz music, a show, and a bike ride; delightful porch ideal for an evening glass of wine with cheese; and the kind of friendliness that made us feel at home for our two-day weekend.

Available for all guests are bottled water, soft drinks, tea, coffee, and the use of the refrigerator. As you can tell, my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and hope you will too.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple