“Excellent winter get away.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugatuck
Beechwood Manor Inn & Cottage
Ranked #8 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Clean. Quaint. Charming. We will be back. Jamie was a great hostess. The breakfasts were unbelieveable. Good local wine and custom chocolates. Dinner at Everyday People Cafe. Shopping and a movie in Holland.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephanie p
MIGregg, Owner at Beechwood Manor Inn & Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

This is Jamie. We are sincerely WOWED when people take time to post a review on our behalf. It was great to have met you and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Beechwood. Warmest Regards & Thanks Again. Scott & Jamie

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I'm hard pressed to fully describe just how astoundingly beautiful staying at Beechwood Manor was for Alanna and I. We live on the beach in San Diego, a relative paradise year round that we call home, and I guarantee that I will be flying back to Michigan specifically to stay at the Beechwood again. Something about this place put us into such a deep and relieving state of relaxation, and at such a stressful and difficult time in our lives. The rooms are cozy and at the same time luxurious and romantic. Every aspect awakening the senses. There are three rooms that are home to guests and yet you feel as if you have the place to yourself. The local wine so delicious that it should be named a controlled substance, the restaurant recommended by Jamie and Scott so exquisite that we ate nowhere else for the duration of our stay, and that's coming from a picky chef like myself! Speaking of Jamie and Scott; one could not ask for more accommodating hosts, to say nothing of the breakfast they served us. Pure perfection. I work in the hospitality industry and in all my travels I have never enjoyed my stay and experience as I enjoyed Beechwood. I'm almost afraid of attempting to book our honeymoon elsewhere. The love that this place helped bring out of each other...I can't imagine it could be matched. I'm babbling and stammering half sensible sentences, but that's the thing of it; this place truly defies description. It is an experience. I can not encourage anyone enough to seize the opportunity to see for themselves.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ChrisGunia
MIGregg, Owner at Beechwood Manor Inn & Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Hi Chris & Alanna, I'm blushing. Your review of our little B&B was so gracious and kind. It was such a wonderful early Christmas gift for Beechwood Manor. Thank you for taking the time to write it as you know 'word of mouth' is everything for our business. We were so glad to meet you both and hope this new year brings you and your families health & happiness. -Jamie & Scott

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We just finished a lovely 3-night stay at the Beechwood and couldn't be happier about our stay. Jamie and Scott are great. Excellent breakfasts. The house has charm and is impeccably clean and cozy. Made our stay in Saugatuck special. A HUGE thanks!
-Michelle and Jan

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michelle t
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Sep/13. Lovely b&b, spotless and full of charm. Scott and Jamie are wonderful hosts. 5-10 min walking distance from downtown Saugatuck, but in a nice and secluded location. Great, personalized breakfast. Will definitely be back. Stayed in b&bs all across Europe and this definitely is among the best.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Just finishing up a few days in The Cottage portion of this wonderful place.
Cannot say enough about how great this place is.
I have never written a "travel or dining review" ever but this inspired me to do so.
Very clean. Great beds. The owners are extremely pleasant and definitely made us feel like we were at home.
The fridge was stocked with bagels and fruit along with a great quiche
This place has a beautiful back yard with pond to enjoy along with our time on the deck.
We decided to go to Oval Beach and they supplied us with beach chairs, towels and even a beach bag!
Why did I never try a B&B before?
Completely blows away a hotel/motel stay.
Try this place. You will love it too!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Phil Q
Reviewed 20 August 2013

But that is perhaps because I am more of a hotel person than a B&B person. I often feel uncomfortable in a B&B like I'm treading on someone else's territory. But at Beechwood Manor that was not the case. It is run in a truly professional manor without being impersonal. Jamie is a true gem. She is gracious, helpful, personable and has a quick wit that will surprise you without being overbearing. She truly made the stay for us even though our interactions were fairly limited.

The home itself is lovely and the location is outside of the commercial area but a pretty, short ten minute walk from town. The room we chose was quite small but had everything we needed. The common area had a kitchenette area with sodas and snacks available 24/7. Parking was a breeze and it was just calm and easy there.

Oh - and the breakfasts were over the top delicious - really more food than we wanted, but they were delicious and it was a vacation...

Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Don't choose the smallest room if you have a lot of hanging clothes as there isn't really mu...