“Excellent B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugatuck
Beechwood Manor Inn & Cottage
Ranked #8 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
fort wayne, in
“Excellent B&B”
Reviewed 6 November 2006

My wife and I just got back from our stay at Beechwood Manor. Sal and Greg were wonderful hosts. The attention to all details was wonderful. The inn is a short walk to downtown and is located on a very quiet street. Our room was wonderfully decorated. Breakfast was awsome (Stuffed French Toast and Sweet Potato Pancakes). The inn is small with only three guest rooms. I would highly recommend this inn to anyone looking for a great bed and breakfast stay.

• Liked — The Hosts
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank maninmirror

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2006

My husband and I stayed at Beechwood Manor for our 2nd anniversary...we had an absolutely wonderful experience at this B&B! The hosts, Greg & Sal, were great - knowledgable about the area, excellent cooks (breakfasts were sooooo delicious, wonderful french toast, sweet potato pancakes, quiche, ect), and very inviting. The house is full of charm and decorated to bring out its true character. We stayed in Saida's room. Despite being the smallest room, we found it to be quite comfortable - loved the claw foot tub and the provided bath salts! We also loved the complimentary sodas and cookies - especially the ginger snaps. Greg & Sal have truly thought of all the details and we can't rave about this place enough. We plan to return to this B&B in the future and we have fallen in love with Saugatuck! Such a great little get away from Chicago with lots of art galleries, unique shops, excellent restaurants, and plenty of waterfront to explore!!!

• Liked — The hospitality of the hosts and all the little touches that made our stay relaxing and unique
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Try dinner at Everyday People's Cafe in Douglas, MI
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Livonia, MI
Reviewed 4 September 2006

This place was an A+!! I found it online and didn't know what to expect, especially since it didn't seem extremely overpriced like most of the B&Bs in the area. Everything from the cleanliness to the food to the hosts far surpassed any expectations I had. There was not a speck of dust in the whole place, everything was sparkling clean, and all the linens smelled like they just came out of the laundry 5 minutes before. We stayed in what I believe is the smallest room (Saida's Room) but it was very comfortable and had a large bathroom. I tasted the sweet potato pancakes, the french toast stuffed with cream cheese & peaches, and the quiche. All were unbelievably delicious and the presentation looked like a picture out of a food magazine. The hosts were friendly and very accommodating. I was surprising my husband with a weekend there for our anniversary, and they put great effort forth to keep it a surprise (they got panicked because we arrived MUCH later than the arrival time I originally indicated, but they didn't want to call me since it might ruin the surprise) and I really appreciated their personal interest in making our weekend wonderful. They were easily accessible whenever we needed them, but mostly left us on our own to explore their lovely house and enjoy the grand front porch. There was not a detail or special touch that was missed. The place felt old enough to be charming, but had all the modern conveniences. It wasn't "scary old" as my husband would say! It is close to downtown, but removed enough to be tranquil and relaxing. I originally thought I wanted a place right downtown, but I'm so glad I chose Beechwood Manor.

• Liked — location, cleanliness, food, hospitality
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank allie13
Houston, TX
Reviewed 18 July 2006

My mother and two sisters and I stayed 2 nights at the Beechwood Manor Inn B & B in Saugatuck, MI July 7 and 8 for a girls week-end. We weren't sure what to expect, as I made the reservation through their website, but we all were extremely impressed with the impeccability of the establishment, inside and out. The guys who own the B & B, Sal and Greg, are so accommodating and make you feel right at home. These guys know how to run a B & B! The historic home is beautiful, the grounds are lovely, and they know how to fix a wonderful breakfast. The homemade cookies and brownies were delicious as a treat in the afternoons. I was so impressed, that when my husband came up after our girls week-end, we stayed there again. You can't go wrong staying here!

1 Thank Perky JC
Mishawaka, IN
Reviewed 10 July 2006

What a great place for our mother/daughter get-a-way! We stayed two nights and felt pampered yet had all the privacy of home. It had been a long time since we played chinese checkers, euchre, shopped too much and laughed with each other. The four of us had a remarkable long weekend. The porch was ideal for long chats in the cool breeze with a nice glass of wine. The location ideal for quiet reflection yet close enough to walk to the hub of Saugatuck charm. The owners are attentive and available but not intrusive. The entire grounds are impecable. If you are fussy this a place you must stay!

Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 July 2006

The Inn is beautiful & well-appointed... cozy and comforting, and the smells of just-baked cookies and beautiful candles when we walked in were amazing! The proprietors, Sal & Gregg, were warm, gracious & friendly - and went out of their way to be helpful to us. The food was spectacular - we are vegan, and Gregg accommodated our requests with delicious results that were mouthwatering to look at! The inn is nestled on a quiet street among shade trees that just invited us to sit and relax... we will definitely go back, and recommend this inn most highly!

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 April 2006

If impeccable is what you want to describe your stay at a B&B, then the Beechwood Manor is the place for you.
Our hosts morning breakfasts were obviously inspired by Emeril since their last B&B was in New Orleans and when I ordered flowers for my room the bouquet was fabulous, fragrant and fresh.
Greg and Sal provided all of the service and attention to detail you could expect along with a genuine hospitality one can't find in most hotels, but provided in a home away from home.
We will look forward to returning many times in the future.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member