“Best getaway to stay ”

Newnham Suncatcher Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugatuck
Newnham Suncatcher Inn
Ranked #17 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
Kalamazoo
“Best getaway to stay ”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay at the suncatcher inn and we absolutley love staying there. The accommodations are clean and comfortable very laid back easy to check inn and out very reasonable rates , and the owners the Mitchell's are the nicest people I have had the pleasure to stay with they offer the most delicious and healthy breakfast I have had at any place I have ever stayed when we go back to saugatuck to stay I will only stay at the Mitchell's Suncatcher Inn. Thanks again for the wonderful stay we loved it can't wait to come back in August .

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have been staying at the Suncatcher Inn for over 20 years. It is my favorite place to saty in Saugatuck. It is within walking distance to all the great dineing in town. Deana and Emmit are great innkeepers. Friendly and courteous everytime I visit. I look forward to seeing them and enjoying the great breakfasts that Deana serves poolside. The pool is alway crystal clear and nice and warm. The pool and deck area are enclosed enough so it can be enjoyed even if there is a cool breeze off Lake Michigan.
The Inn is great and I love the Victoria Secret room. It always seems to be cool and comfortable even on the warmest days.Iam looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Quincy, Michigan
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My daughter, son and I spend a weekend once a year in May without spouses, ect.. I call it my Mother's Day gift to me - gives not just myself an opportunity to rebond with them, but it gives my son and daughter a chance to rebond. This was the third time that we spent it at Newnham Suncatcher Inn in Saugatuck, MI and once again we had a great time! The breakfast that they serve is outstandind and the owners go out of their way to be sure that you have a great time. There is a little "hole in the wall" bar next door that provides entertainment within walking distance. Saugatuck is such a neat little town full of shops and great dining. If you stay at Newnham's it's all within walking distance. There's a pool and outdoor hotub that because we go in May have only been able to use once, but this is somewhere that we will definitely go to again and again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hudsonville, Michigan
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I’ve been there many times and it’s always special. I love the location; and the decorations and atmosphere of the B & B are very quaint and peaceful. If you’re looking for a relaxing get-away I highly recommend it! A Bed and Breakfast with a beautiful pool and hot tub is very unique--and such a bonus! I find the owners Emmitt and Deana to be very friendly and they keep the place really clean. They serve a delicious breakfast poolside—which I love. And the breakfast was exceptional!

I love that it’s just steps away from the busyness of downtown Saugatuck with its shops, and in minutes you can be back at the pool relaxing, then a few steps again to restaurants for dinner.

The prices are very fair for the amenities and I will certainly go again. I seriously love everything about the place!

Room Tip: I think the cabins by the pool are my favorite!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Very unwelcoming from the start. Choose 4 people on the website, only 2 names recorded and upon arrival non of us were greeted into our "overnight home".
There are too many issues to mention so I will try to highlight the few major.
Old food left in fridge, common area closed early for evening and not reopened for early morning.
The worst was when we were eating breakfast and an argument broke out between a guest in my party and the male owner regarding an illegitimate charge to our card due to their misunderstanding our party was for 4 and not 2 even though 4 were chosen on the website when making reservation. Owner demanded we leave his property.
Upon further investigation, the card was charged one month prior to our arrival, which means inn owners has one month to communicate with card owner they had a discrepancy with the number of guests that would be arriving.
Do not ever stay here unless you enjoy this type of service.

• Stayed September 2013
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Although the Inn is very convenient to everything in Saugatuck, I cannot recommend this place. The owners were very friendly with us and we enjoyed visiting with them. Breakfast was fine, nice by the pool. The pool is large and they keep it warm, which was a nice treat. My issue is cleanliness. Dust and dog hair spoiled my enjoyment. This needs to be corrected.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheila S
Chicago
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I chose to stay at the Suncatcher Inn based on a friends recommendation, I don't know what's wrong with my friend, this wasn't a pleasant experience at all. The owners were not friendly and I did not feel welcomed here at all. I felt like I was intruding in their home. Being right down town was nice, but I wish I had known there was a bar next door, it made it very noisy.

I loved my trip to Saugatuck, but I will be staying somewhere else next time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple