Park House Inn Bed & Breakfast
Starlite Resort(Saugatuck)(Great Value!)
US$150
Best Western Plaza Hotel Saugatuck(Saugatuck)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$117
Captains Quarters Motel(Saugatuck)(Great Value!)
US$129
The Pines Motor Lodge(Douglas)(Great Value!)
US$189
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsapple piescreened in porchfrench toastthe main downtown areafirst morningbottle of champagneeach morningmy husband and ifrittatayogurtwonderful hostsstay there againwonderful breakfastboth morningsenjoyed our stayin towndowntown saugatuck
Reviewed 8 July 2011

My family has stayed in dozens of Midwest B&B's over the last decade, and in the Park House at least 6 times. The place is historical and lovely. Both former innkeepers were friendly, indulgent and so welcoming. This time, something changed. The place is still as lovely, but --(forgetting the stale-smelling towels)--the present host projected feelings less warm and gracious. Reminded us we arrived late,,warning about the outlets' use, the locks, warnings, , walk around the new gravel, and too many reminders of check out time. . We were the only guests there on our second night, so the innkeeper asked if we wanted some breakfast cooked (IT IS a B & B!!) or just yogurt and granola.. To make it easy for her and not be a bother, despite the $165 room value, I said it wasn't necessary-- we'd save her the effort of cooking breakfast for us. . I wasn't rewarded.... It was time to leave (11:00), and there was still NO ONE in the place, so my daughter took a few extra minutes to get ready and pack up. 4 times in that 20 minutes the innkeeper asked us to hurry up and leave, though NO ONE was there all that night, and every room was untouched. It was only 11:20, and we'd even saved her cooking us breakfast! She insisted the cleaning "staff" was waiting (!!), and she told me I couldn't even sit on her front porch to read my book for that 20 minutes! Very gracious!! I felt bad. (She used an excuse of some gravel being delivered. I was only reading and not in the way. . She possibly had a bad day, but because she was cranky and rushed out her only guests, my husband and I won't stay there anymore. There are so many other charming, adorable B&B's in Saugatuck; Now I'm sorry I only patronized the Park House all these years. It was not the nice, warm memory we always have. People want to feel valued as guests, but we felt "in the way". The place is so nice, but I'm telling the truth--there is a B&B graciousness of attitude, -and this innkeeper doesn't have it. She acted more like the curator of a stuffy museum. Sorry.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank bterchin
ttrudell, Owner at Park House Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2011

This guest was asked the night before her departure to please park her vehicle on the far side of the parking lot across from the Inn. It was explained to her that we had a load of gravel coming the next morning and it was being spread in our guest parking area prior to our afternoon guests arriving that day for 3:00 check-in. I also explained to her that once the gravel was being spread, she would have no access to her vehicle from the Inn, because of the pile of gravel and the dozer driver being her way. She had assured me she understood, would be up early and that she and her adult daughter would be on their way by checkout time, which is 11:00 a.m.

At 11:20, the other owner went to clean their room and the daughter was still in the room and had not begun to pack yet. She was told that checkout time was at 11:00 and that she needed to vacate the room so that it could be cleaned for the guests who were checking in that afternoon. Twenty minutes later she still had not vacated the room and she was told she needed to leave or there would be an additional charge for staying late. The daughter seemed upset and unaware of when checkout time was, although her mother had assured us she had told her daughter when they needed to be out, and why. Prior to this, around 10:45, both mom and daughter were seen sitting on the front porch of the Inn, watching the dozer driver as he prepared to begin spreading the gravel. Both of them had ample time to pack, vacate their room, and get to their van before the 11:00 checkout time.

If the guests felt rushed, or 'in the way' it was because they didn't listen to the information we gave them, and thus they put themselves in the way of the dozer driver, and the innkeeper trying to get in to clean their room.

Reviewed 28 June 2011

This was our second time in Saugatuck, and our first time at the Park House Inn. My husband and I always stay at B & B's when we travel because we enjoy the homey feel compared to chain motels. We LOVED our stay at the Park House; it was very clean, comfortable and relaxing. The off street parking, freshly prepared breakfasts, and quiet surroundings (a 4 block walk to downtown) were all pluses! The innkeepers were VERY friendly and accommodating. We highly recommend this B & B will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Saugatuck!

Room Tip: Close enough to walk downtown, so wear comfy shoes
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tw0HappyCampers
Reviewed 19 October 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at the Park House Inn during a long weekend to celebrate out Anniversary and it was great. It's location was perfect. We stayed in Maude's room and it was located right inside the main door to the B&B. I thought this was going to be a problem but it was very quiet and we even had a hot tub all to ourselves.

It is located close enough to walk to the town but far enough away from the nightlife noise. Toni was the Inn keeper we saw the most and she was amazing. She was very helpful from the moment we got there. Whenever we were looking for something to do she had great tips and advice. After our stay I left two sport coats in the closet and I received a call from Toni right away and she had them in the mail the next day!

I would also highly recommend that you check out Douglas. It was great and not as busy as downtown.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JDole
Reviewed 7 September 2010

We paid over $250 for one night for an average king size bedroom. The place was clean enough but the service was disappointing. The breakfast food was only average, but was self serve and there wasn't even a tablecloth on the table! At half the cost this would have been ok but not at the price we paid. The coffee was watery, they didn't have decaf and we went out to get good coffee and agreed we wouldn't be going back.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank UnhappyInWinfield
Reviewed 24 August 2010

While we loved our room and enjoyed the breakfast, we thought the service was awful! We were told to put dirty towels/washclothes in the tub if we wanted them changed. We left the first day, expecting our room to be serviced and to get new towels. When we came back, nothing had been done. The same thing happened the second day. The owners were absent, the note said enjoying the beach (not that I blame them). I put the towels in a bag and left it by the entrance where they would be sure to see it, asking for new towels (since, at this point we had no more). Someone took the bag and the note, but still didn't replace the towels! It was really frustrating to have no room service at all for a four day stay!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple