“Charming B&B In A Charming Town”
Review of Park House Inn B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugatuck
Park House Inn B&B
Ranked #9 of 24 Saugatuck B&B and Inns
Harbor Beach, MI
“Charming B&B In A Charming Town”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I was fortunate to be a guest at The Park House Inn in Saugatuck, Michigan while attending a business meeting there. Since I had to drive several hours to get there, I came one day early and I am so glad I did. Toni took such good care of us. My room (Pearl) was such a comfort and breakfasts each morning were yummy and plentiful. Toni shared the history of the house and the surrounding area which was so interesting. It is always a treat to visit Michigan bed & breakfasts and this is one of my favorite Michigan treats.

Room Tip: Since I was traveling alone, I did not need a large room. If a queen bed is sufficient for you, Pea...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Grandville, MI
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Thank you Tony for an amazing stay at your historic bed and breakfast. I loved the fireplace, king size bed and enjoyed reading on the love-seat in "Winnie's Suite". Breakfast was a delight both mornings. Had a wonderful lunch at Phil's our first day and the Hercules Restaurant the next along with a great stroll down the shopping district with lot's of unique shops. I highly recommend this romantic Michigan Get Away!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank DesignerCheri
Midland, MI
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We went to Saugatuck looking to escape the rat race. Mission accomplished. The Park House was exactly what we needed. The Maude's Suite is perfect for couple looking for a romantic get away. Yes, the TV is tiny, but who goes to a B&B to watch TV??? The linens on the bed were of much better quality than expected. Comfy bed, great water pressure in the shower and an outdoor hot tub to boot. All areas were maintained and cleaned to the highest standards. Toni, the inn keeper, inquired about special dietary needs during the reservation process. These needs were not only met, but exceeded. Not only did they provide a gluten free option, but it was delicious. The B&B is about .6 miles from the heart of downtown Saugatuck. Walking was the best option since wine tasting was on our agenda. All and all, this is one place every couple should try at least once. Tell 'em Marc and Marisa sent ya.

Room Tip: Maude's Suite has an outdoor hot tub, other rooms have jet tubs indoors.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marc M
chicago
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We stayed here for two nights. The Inn is in a historic home which I enjoyed. We stayed in the Maude's Suite which comes with outdoor hotub. The room was a good size. The decor was too country for me. The bed was very comfortable and the linens soft. The fireplace in the room was OK, but not great. Built-in wall unit. Gas flame. The bathroom was quite small. Not really enough space for two people. The water pressure in the shower was very nice. The hotub outside could have been great. Large enough to fit four people easily. I did not like that the water in it was cloudy and that there was ca musty smell (not sure from the water or the surrounding area). Hostess was pleasant and nice. Common areas are decent. Large dining area for all the rooms. The breakfasts were generous and appreciated. Hostess was helpful and invested. Inn is a little outside of town which I liked. We kept windows open at night and I was surprised by the street noise. We live in Chicago and our house has a quieter bedroom than the inn. It was not a major issue, but I noticed and was aware of it. TV in room was tiny, but had DVD and owners have a nice selection of recent films. Not sure about service. It has been a while I stayed in a B& B, but I was surprised that owners did not make the beds while we were gone. Not sure what the general practice is about this.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My husband and I spent the Labour Day week-end at The Park House Inn B&B in Saugatuck, and as usual, Toni and Melissa make us feel right at home and made the entire week-end a fun experience. They are always "up to the minute" with what is happening in the area, which are the hot new restaurants and what one should visit. They kept our gin in their freezer so we could enjoy our martinis on the screened-in porch and the fresh cookies or brownies each afternoon were a delight. Saugatuck-Douglas are great for biking. I road into Holland two days in a row along the fantastic bike path--a super-highway for bikes! Breakfasts were always scrumptious and they are always trying to do something new and are so very accommodating. We stayed in the Mignon room this year. It is light, and very comfortable with a great jacuzzi-style tub. For a relaxing get-away, great breakfasts, and fabulous hospitality you can't go wrong at The Park House Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank danaos1948
Bristol, Rhode Island
Reviewed 10 September 2012

First time visit for two dye-in- the- wool New Englanders. The charm and warmth of historic "The Park House" is exceeded only by that of it its two Innkeepers, Toni and Melissa. From the moment you enter until the moment you leave, the experience at The Park House is nothing short of memorable. These two ladies cheerfully attend to your every need, expected and unexpected. They are exceptional cooks and outstanding hostesses. They made dinner and theatre reservations, suggested tours and shared the background and history of the region. There were always snacks and beverages available at all times. The garden and patio were quiet respites. The beautiful town of Saugatuck was a brief walk away if you chose not to walk, there was a shuttle bus available upon request. I have traveled extensively in the USA and abroad. The Park House is a true "gem". I am already planning a return visit.

Room Tip: H. D. More Room is extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Spencerville, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The owners of the Park House Inn were fabulousl I had serveral special requests to make this a very romantic stay. They catered to all my whims and even added several special touches. They helped me plan places to visit and great cozy resturants. The accomodations were so warm and comfortable, It felt like home, and the breakfasts were amazing!
This is truely a 5 star Bed and Breakfast, without the 5 star price.

Room Tip: The Susan B Anthoney Room is the Best
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple