“Lake Superior Trip (Sault Saint Marie, MI)”
Review of Ang-Gio's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ang-Gio's Restaurant
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Food was OK, but not great. I had spaghetti with marinara sauce, and the others in my group had hot roast beef sandwiches. The beef was tough.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Our first visit to Ang-Gio's "restaurant" was definitely our last. Some terrible garden salad with bag pepperoni and black olives served on some ugly doller store plate. (But what ever we were there for the fish) White fish next served up with what tasted like week old dry reheated potatoes. Fish was battered and fried with the scales and muddling ect all on which is just nasty and lazy. You can get a better meal at the homeless shelter guaranteed!!! .. Oh and the atmosphere is filthy and lame, but who cares JUST NEVER EAT HERE!. Go to studebakers they are great. Ang-Gios GFY.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I don't understand why this restaurant is not ranked higher on the list of restaurants in Sault Ste. Marie. Some of the places ranked above it are really just average, which is how I remembered Angios being when I lived in the Soo for several years. However, upon visiting and eating here I thought it was better than I remembered.

First of all, both my husband and I got dishes that included Chicken Parmesan...It was GREAT! The chicken was moist, and breaded and fried perfectly. The portion size had decreased from what it was in the past but I am okay with a smaller portion size for better food.

Where Ang-Gios loses points with me is the Restaurant itself is kind of falling apart. There was a tear in our bench seat, and the ceiling had water marks. Also, the interior is very dated. The restaurant definitely needs a little sprucing up and updating. Has a load of potential though.

3  Thank Michelle T
Reviewed 14 February 2013

This is an established but tired restaurant serving classic italian dishes and sandwiches. Lunch is probably the best value here. The stromboli was very good. The Panini was fairly basic.

With some clean-up and menu revisions, Ang-Gios could be very good.

1  Thank Iliketrdls
Reviewed 22 January 2013

This place has just given up. The place looks dirty, outdated and tries to survive on past glory. Food is not fresh. Pasta was undercooked. Don't think we will ever go back. Gave it a 2nd chance and said it was average. Today I downgrade this place.