“Very Disgusting KY Jelly on the Hotel Room Floor”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Walked in and there was a very used tube of KY Jelly lying in clear view between the two beds on the floor. I took a tissue and carried it down to the front desk. They took it and threw it away and did not offer me any money back. I had children with me and will NOT be staying again. Unbelievably poor customer service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah T
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in late with a pre-book online. Went without a hitch.
Will use this facility again.
Walmart is just across the street and some close by restaurants not very far away.
Easy to find and well located. .
Breakfast is a but shy on selection.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 3 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Clean place, comfy bed (semi firm mattress) for a good nights sleep, room had a microwave & mini fridge which is a big plus when traveling!! Breakfast area is small, but has a pretty decent selection, hard boiled eggs, cereal, toast, oatmeal, yogurt, apple & orange juice, milk, waffles were gone as quick as they put them out, but they quickly replaced them. Only a mile from I 75 and 5 minutes from downtown & the Locks.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I made a reservation with this motel thinking it was the America's Best Value Inn that I had previously stayed in at the Soo. Imagine my surprise when I pulled into the motel I thought I was staying at and it is now a Super 8. The Americas Best Value Inn was across the street at what used to be the Super 8. Oh well - hope for the best. We checked in and got our key cards. The key cards don't work too well on either the outside doors or the room door. Many swipes were often needed before we could get in. The room was fine. The housekeepers need a lesson on dusting. They would wipe around things (like the lamp on the dresser) but not behind them leaving a big dusty patch. They had installed a new curved shower rod for the bathtub but it was loose so it angled toward the floor instead of being horizontal. The recliner was the most uncomfortable one I ever sat in. The bed was like sleeping on plywood. We were scheduled to stay 3 nights. The free breakfast is pretty bleak. A couple kinds of cold cereal, frozen toaster waffles, a few slices of bread for toast, coffee, juice and not much else After the 1st night we left for the day. When we returned at about 4:00 PM the room had still not been cleaned. The maintenance guy came by and emptied our waste baskets soon after. Then the housekeeper came and asked if we needed anything for the room. We just had her give us new towels. It was too late to bother with a complete cleaning. After a 2nd night of trying to sleep on the rock hard bed and not succeeding we decided to cut our loses and leave. We only booked this motel because or usual one was sold out for the special event weekend. I would be hard pressed to come back again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Memphisdoug
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend during our snow mobile trip just last weekend. Room was a bit dated and bed hard, but it was clean. That's a must for me. We had a mini fridge in our room along with a jacuzzi tub. The free breakfast buffet consisted of breads, cereal, waffles, eggs, yogurt, juice and coffee. I thought it was a good selection. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, especially Skip. He gave us suggestions as to where to eat, where to pick up the sled trails and even came out to help jump our truck when it just wouldn't start (due to the extreme cold temps.) For as much time as we spent in the room and for the price we paid, I cannot complain. It suited our needs just fine.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Diane M
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Between the window heater (a must in January) and the mini college dorm room fridge no one slept. They were both turning on and off ALL night. Believe me we are not light sleepers either. Never knew a fridge could run so much. Everything is quite worn and looks to be a Super 8 at one point? The value is good but not worth the loss of sleep.

Stayed: January 2014