“perfect location”

Adoba Lockview Hotel
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed in a little cottage room with husband and two daughters. Everything was very clean and the location can't be beat since it's directly across from the locks and you can walk to all the stores and restaurants. The price was reasonable for the room. The continental breakfast was good too. We had a great time and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cheyfaith

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed there as a family, so really appreciated the queen size beds. We had a 'cabin' room... it was definitely clean, and the beds were comfortable. I will have to note that the bathrooms are small, but that was ok for us, Given the great location across from the locks, and in walking distance to many food options, I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Elvis M
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel was a great location---nothing like being within 100 yards of the locks, right across the street from the Soo locks park and right in town. It was great to be able walk across the street and watch the various ships go through the locks. The room was spotless and comfortable. The desk clerk and staff were all extremely personable. The breakfast was good and had a nice varity.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank metflorita
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a nice stay here, the room was very clean, updated and comfortable! The lady that was working the front desk was extremely personable! She was back again at breakfast, and still smiling, cordial and happy! We enjoyed being able to just "cross the street" to see the big ships in the Locks!

Room Tip: Nice access to the Locks!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Wyominginnkeeper
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Staff is great, other guests were great. After being in the car for hours this was a great location. We could walk to everything we needed. This was my daughters first time over the bridge and to the locks. If you are looking for the UP feel stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rob M
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Been staying here for many years. When I compare it to how it use to be, it's slipping in quality. What use to be a spotless room is now just mediocre. Two most recent visits I had to ask for a maid to come tidy up more. Room hadn't been vacuumed, bathroom floor was dirty. I was told the room had been empty for a while, and must not have been cleaned after previous occupants. Unlikely since most of the room was clean, bed was made. I think the cleaning staff is not nearly as thorough as it use to be plus with very little updating going on things like carpet, drapes, tub tile, etc. can only be made to look so good.
TV is so old and small that the picture is hard to see and the volume is poor. It's time to do something about the heating and a/c. The a/c units are old and installed in cut outs in the wall. The heat is controlled by a wall unit and because they don't want to turn it off completely even in August there was still some heat coming from the unit.
The addition of refrigerators in rooms is a bonus. The breakfast is not as good since they only occasionally provide fresh donuts. I understand it is more difficult now the the Soo Co-op store which was right behind them closed a few years. They made great baked goods but there are other fairly comparable bakeries in other grocery stores. Serving prepackaged muffins and Danish is definitely a step down.
Many different people work the desk and some do tend to be cold, gruff and unfriendly at times or at least they come across that way. It use to bother me but now that I have been a repeat customer for years I am accustomed to it. That said, no one should be expected to understand. ALL staff should treat ALL customers with respect and do ALL they can to rectify issues and complaints.
I stay here because I come to the Soo just to watch the ships.
I can easily run across the street when I hear the ships coming and going. It is literally right across the street. I like the genuine retro aspect of this motel but it does need to replace, update and refresh the rooms, and the cleanliness needs to be a constant. Once I started staying here after spending many visits at other places away from the locks, I never thought I would stay anyplace else again. Now as I begin to look ahead to summer, I wonder if staying elsewhere might be a better option. You absolutely can't beat the location if you are an avid ship watcher and want to spend most of your time doing that.
I want things to improve here so I will want to continue to stay for many years to come.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank mfeldspar
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel one night during a vacation stop to see the Locks. This hotel has a great location, which is why I picked it, but needs some of help. Our room was in the upper level of the hotel section. It has a great view of the park. The room was small, but manageable for two people. The bed was uncomfortable and we didn't sleep well. Also, you could hear a noise from the street. The a/c unit is directly above the bed. Since it was October, I didn't use it, but I don't think it would lend itself to a good night sleep. The room was clean and the staff helpful. There is free parking and light breakfast fare in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple