“Our new place in the Soo!”
Review of Plaza Motor Motel

Plaza Motor Motel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Clean, comfortable and convenient. What a great surprise to find a well decorated, spotless motel with a mom and pop price tag. Thick luxurious towels, comfortable firm mattress covered in wonderful quality sheets (embroidered with their logo), tiled bathroom, front door parking and the list goes on. We have stayed at several places in the Soo (both the US and Canada) and this is by far the best at any price.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HarleyGirl61

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I read numerous reviews about this motel on TripAdvisor and was not disappointed. It was clean, the staff was very friendly, the rooms are very nice and clean. My daughters had never stayed in a "motel" before, so they were uncertain. My wife was even giving me a hard time about it, but in the end she even said how handy it was to load/unload right from the back of the van straight into the room. We stayed in the end room closest to the Walmart. I could hear some noise from cars, but it was minimal and not disturbing. I will return to the Plaza on my next trip to SSM.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim T
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We normally stay across the street from the locks. Wish this place was across the street from the locks we would stay there all the time. The Plaza was very welcoming. We arrived quite late and had reservations. Our room was left open for us and the key was inside. We settled up the next morning. Beautifully decorated rooms with stencils, pictures, homey and cozy like I imagine a bed and breakfast would be. Reasonably priced also. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol B
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I rented a room at the Plaza Motor Motel for my parents to stay at when they came up this past weekend. They have stayed at every chain hotel in the Soo and this "mom & pop" place blew all of those out of the water. The room was well decorated and very clean. It had some nice amenities such as a mini-fridge, microwave, new flat-screen tv, iphone charger/alarm clock, and Wolfgang Puck coffee for the morning. It's a park-at-the-door place so you don't have to worry about kids running up and down the hallways at 3am. The only downsides I could even come up with are there is no pool and no continental breakfast. However, for under $60, the price was $20 cheaper than anywhere else that day. Throw in the free casino package and I challenge anyone to find a better deal in the Soo than this place.

You won't be disappointed you stayed here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank SourKrout87
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The hotel is well taken care of and the hospitality is fine. We arrived and our room was ready. In asking staff some questions as where to eat we obtained sound answers. Not the typical they are all good or some place they obtain a kick back on.

Room Tip: The hotel is on the south side and can be missed if you are not looking for it. So pay attention.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

When visiting our granddaughter I looked up Tripadvisor to find a good place to stay. We choose the Plaza Motel based on the reviews. We made the right choice. The Plaza is a locally owned and a well cared for motel. Our room was very clean and tastefully furnished. This is an older property well built, well maintained and updated. We could park by the our door and the grounds are really nice. There is no breakfast but you do have coffee in the room. At the great price for the room this is not an issue, lots of dining down the street. The owner is very friendly and helpful. We will return to this property every time we travel to the SOO.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Laughgram
Reviewed 19 December 2013

On a recent trip, my wife and I had the best night's sleep of our entire journey at this motel. The room was large, tastefully furnished, exceptionally clean, and featured one of the most comfortable beds that I have had the pleasure of using. You can park right at your door and, while there is no food service on site, there are numerous dining options located near-by. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple