“Best Stay Overall Our Whole Trip North” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Sault Ste. Marie

BEST WESTERN Sault Ste. Marie
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Best Stay Overall Our Whole Trip North”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

Best Western NEVER fails us when we are on the road. It's like an oasis after a long day of travel and this location was the best place we stayed the whole 5 days we were on the road.

We checked in after 6 in the evening and weren't surprised (without reservations) that they only had king sized units with hot tubs (my fav) so we took one immediately. The room was clean and the bed was their usual soft, comfortable, plenty of pillows and blankets and even smelled wonderful.

Breakfast in the morning helped warm us up on a chilly dreary day with a light rain. Reception area was clean and bright and very nicely decorated. Beautiful veranda on the front of the building with chairs to sit in and a roof to keep the rain off our heads.

Thank goodness for Best Westerns when you need them the most.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Buddy4one

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Grove City, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

We always stay in Sault Ste. Marie on our annual fishing trip to Canada and decided to try a new hotel as our previous one raised their rates excessively. We were very pleased with the Best Western for the price we paid. It was clean and staff were very friendly. We had a king bed with small sofa and microwave and mini fridge in the room. We used the workout room. It also had a nice pool and sauna. We will definitely go back and stay again next year.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Deltona, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

My room was very clean, it seemed like it was up to date. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. I asked for a rollaway bed and the young gentleman had it in my room before I brought my belongings in. The breakfast was better than I expected, they have a few hot food items that you dont find in alot of hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Covington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

Very clean hotel. Perfectly situated to visit the locks and surrounding area. Hotel staff was not only effecient, but also provided great choices for dinner and lunch. Also made a suggestion that we visit s very small brew pub after listening to our trip goals. The free breakfast never ran out, even with the full hotel. This Best Western really shows off the strong brand - full fetured Marriot-esque property for half the price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

I was really impressed by this hotel. The staff upon arriving were friendly and personable and made me feel at ease. This was my first trip ever by myself - and I have to admit that the hotel made me feel safe & welcome. The bed was by far one of the most comfy I've ever had the opportunity to sleep on! Not sure what type of mattress it was but I had the best nights sleep on it. I rarely sleep well in a hotel - this was not the case. It was quiet and easy to access. The breakfast was good, not excellent - the sausage a bit greasy, and the eggs a bit rubbery - all things considered the coffee was fresh, the juice tasted great, the yogurt was yummy - and it was included in the price of the room. The sausage gravy & biscuits must have been good as there was none left when I arrived (lol). My only critcism was that they could have used more of the trolleys used to get to move luggage. When I arrived there was none available, I waited a bit, still none available so I had to lug in everything by hand - which was time consuming (and heavy). All in all I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again! It was a great stay - and considerably cheaper than many of the other options. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

The rooms was very clean, comfortable bed and nice bathroom. They have coffee & tea in the room. The room was huge and the staff very friendly. We had many towels in the room and suprizingly the shampoo even smelled good! The location is good in the sense that it is close to some restaurants (e.g. Applebees 3 Min.) Continental breakfast is ok- The coffee was good, the fruits could be fresher. Overall, we would recommend this hotel. You wont do anything wrong by booking this hotel if you need a nice rest after a stressful day.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank laraoz34
Bloomington, Ill
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Overall we enjoyed our stay at this facility. The front desk folks were helpful, and the rooms were nice and clean. We liked having a mini-frig in the room to store my wifes insulin. The only negative was the breakfast. The eggs were some kind of pre-bought, flat disk, and the sausage had a funny taste. The rest of the buffet was "okay". If I could make one suggestion to the motel it would be to spend a few extra bucks and cook up some real scrambled eggs in the morning.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#13 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Ojibway
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Oj...
#8 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront
Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault S...
#4 of 23 in Sault Ste. Marie
Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste. Marie
Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste....
#5 of 23 in Sault Ste. Marie

Been to BEST WESTERN Sault Ste. Marie? Share your experiences!