“Good Hotel, Good Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Sault Ste. Marie

BEST WESTERN Sault Ste. Marie
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Burlington, Canada
“Good Hotel, Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Best Western in Sault Ste. Marie Michigan for one night on our travel home. The location is excellent for travellers, right off of the I-75 and next door to gas stations, restaurants and some shopping. The beds were very comfortable and we had a good night sleep. You could hear some noise coming from the floor above, but not enough to disturb our sleep. The breakfast could have been a little better. There was not a single piece of fresh fruit to be seen. Overall, it was good stay, and we would consider staying there again if the price is good.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Milford, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Easy access off of I-75,great restaurants near by and for the value it makes spending a longer time visiting family and friends possible. Very clean rooms,quiet and pool area is nice. Staff go out of their way to be helpful with any questions,concerns and information about the surrounding areas.

Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is the best Best Western we have been to. It's not a palace -- lots of rooms, people all over the place, huge parking lot, etc. But our room was very clean, 5 pillows, fridge/microwave/ironing board, and lots of other little amenities that mean a lot to us. The breakfast was better than average, too. Because this hotel is so busy, our two-night stay meant that we had to change rooms (I'm not sure of the details), but this was done quickly in the morning after our breakfast. The front desk manager call the housekeeping manager to the front desk, told her our situation, and we were ready to change rooms in 30 minutes. Very personal service done with a smile while I sat and wrote my reviews. Oh, and even though our room was on the first floor (of three), it was very quiet. On the down side is the fan in the bathroom -- sounded like a jet plane taking off, a negative shared by friends staying with us on our trip about their room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tluna491
Burlington, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed 2 nights at the Best Western Sault Ste. Marie while vacationing in the area. I knew I was not going to be spending much time in whatever hotel I chose because of having lots of plans of things to do in the area and going to the Kewadin Casino in the evenings, and I planned accordingly. I felt the Best Western met my needs. It is obviously an older hotel with somewhat out-of-date decor, but it was still clean and comfortable, with friendly service. Many of the other hotels I saw in Sault Ste. Marie look pretty slimy by comparison to Best Western. When I arrived to check in, the clerk was on the phone with what appeared to be an irate customer who stayed a week or two before. I had to wait a few minutes before she transferred the call to a manager. I was understanding of this situation, though, because I know that dealing with irate customers can be a challenge. The clerk was friendly and efficient with the check-in, and she apologized for the delay. I had a standard room on the 1st floor. There is an elevator here, and I always think that is nice in a 2-story hotel because not all 2-story hotels have elevators. Obviously, I had no use for it, but if I had been on the 2nd floor, this would have been convenient when taking in luggage. The room was clean and comfortable. I was wanting a room with 1 king bed, but got one with 2 queens. When I thought about it, though, I don't think they asked about this when I made the reservation. Maybe all of the rooms here are 2 queens?? I had no issues with the room though, and it was adequate. I enjoyed the breakfast here both mornings. The indoor pool area seemed somewhat dingy, but I enjoyed using the pool for a little bit one of the mornings. I got the area to myself while I was in there. The water was a nice warm temperature. I was disappointed to see no whirlpool, however, and that is kind of unusual to have a pool and no whirlpool. Overall, I enjoyed my stay. This hotel was much nicer than a lot of the other choices in town appeared to be. All the staff was very friendly, particularly the late night guy who was very helpful with directions and information on the area. I would stay here again and recommend.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Hotel stay was good, and everything turned out just about as we expected. Room was quiet, beds ok, and pool and sauna were very good. Breakfast buffet was ok, and we saved some dollars. This is not a top end hotel, but there aren't any in this area to compare against. There's a lot more budget options in this area of which we weren't interested...

Davison, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Plenty of breakfast food, pool open 24hrs, queit and comfortable. Convenient location, staff was very helpful about area and attractions. It was nice to be able to use the pool when we got to the hotel late in the evening and the halls were quiet.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Room décor is a little dated any country style. Bed and amenities are comfortable. At check-in we found the staff to be a little short tempered with us as they had had a very busy previous day and check out morning.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#13 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Ojibway
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Oj...
#8 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront
Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault S...
#4 of 23 in Sault Ste. Marie
Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste. Marie
Holiday Inn Express - Sault Ste....
#5 of 23 in Sault Ste. Marie

Been to BEST WESTERN Sault Ste. Marie? Share your experiences!