“Sault St Marie Michigan BW”

Best Western Sault Ste. Marie
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at this Best Western in July 2014.
Two nights one week apart. Traveling form Kitchener to Thunder Bay.
It was a good spot to stop and rest.
The hotel was perfectly situated for us, just a few minutes from the Canadian border.
It is also just a minute off the interstate.
The hotel looked great. The lobby was very large and accommodating.
The full breakfast was great with a variety of food items from scrambled eggs, sausages, waffles, cereals, etc. Very clean breakfast area.
The staff was very courteous.
The rooms were large and bed was very comfortable. We got a good nights sleep.
Very quiet, even though the hotel was busy.
Great pool.
A couple of negative thing I have to say is the pool area needs updating. The ceiling of the pool is not very nice. They have great washroom areas with showers and also a Sauna. Again needs a bit of updating.
The other thing was the Safe in the room for your valuables. The brochure in the room said that they will automatically will charge you for the use of the Safe and if you didn't use it you are to mention it when paying the bill. and they would make the adjustment. It was a very small amount (I think $1.50). I don't think that is right, to charge for something before you use it. In the end they didn't add the charge at all. Minor point.
I definitely will stay there again.
Note; a great variety of eating places and shopping very close. Walmart Supercenter is also close by for those Canadians that want to do a bit of shopping.

1  Thank Frank S

Reviewed 2 August 2014

If you are looking for a handicapped accessible room, stay here. Walk in showers, great beds, filling breakfast. I have nothing but good things to say about this place. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Nice Hotel, Great Room, OK Breakfast. Room was too cold when we got there. I do not have anything more to say but this site wants a minimum of 200 characters so I guess I have to keep typing until it is satisfied although it does not coune the characters as I type so I do not know when I have reached the 200 character level. I will try now.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Best Western in Sault Ste. Marie Michigan for one night on our travel home. The location is excellent for travellers, right off of the I-75 and next door to gas stations, restaurants and some shopping. The beds were very comfortable and we had a good night sleep. You could hear some noise coming from the floor above, but not enough to disturb our sleep. The breakfast could have been a little better. There was not a single piece of fresh fruit to be seen. Overall, it was good stay, and we would consider staying there again if the price is good.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Easy access off of I-75,great restaurants near by and for the value it makes spending a longer time visiting family and friends possible. Very clean rooms,quiet and pool area is nice. Staff go out of their way to be helpful with any questions,concerns and information about the surrounding areas.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is the best Best Western we have been to. It's not a palace -- lots of rooms, people all over the place, huge parking lot, etc. But our room was very clean, 5 pillows, fridge/microwave/ironing board, and lots of other little amenities that mean a lot to us. The breakfast was better than average, too. Because this hotel is so busy, our two-night stay meant that we had to change rooms (I'm not sure of the details), but this was done quickly in the morning after our breakfast. The front desk manager call the housekeeping manager to the front desk, told her our situation, and we were ready to change rooms in 30 minutes. Very personal service done with a smile while I sat and wrote my reviews. Oh, and even though our room was on the first floor (of three), it was very quiet. On the down side is the fan in the bathroom -- sounded like a jet plane taking off, a negative shared by friends staying with us on our trip about their room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tluna491
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed 2 nights at the Best Western Sault Ste. Marie while vacationing in the area. I knew I was not going to be spending much time in whatever hotel I chose because of having lots of plans of things to do in the area and going to the Kewadin Casino in the evenings, and I planned accordingly. I felt the Best Western met my needs. It is obviously an older hotel with somewhat out-of-date decor, but it was still clean and comfortable, with friendly service. Many of the other hotels I saw in Sault Ste. Marie look pretty slimy by comparison to Best Western. When I arrived to check in, the clerk was on the phone with what appeared to be an irate customer who stayed a week or two before. I had to wait a few minutes before she transferred the call to a manager. I was understanding of this situation, though, because I know that dealing with irate customers can be a challenge. The clerk was friendly and efficient with the check-in, and she apologized for the delay. I had a standard room on the 1st floor. There is an elevator here, and I always think that is nice in a 2-story hotel because not all 2-story hotels have elevators. Obviously, I had no use for it, but if I had been on the 2nd floor, this would have been convenient when taking in luggage. The room was clean and comfortable. I was wanting a room with 1 king bed, but got one with 2 queens. When I thought about it, though, I don't think they asked about this when I made the reservation. Maybe all of the rooms here are 2 queens?? I had no issues with the room though, and it was adequate. I enjoyed the breakfast here both mornings. The indoor pool area seemed somewhat dingy, but I enjoyed using the pool for a little bit one of the mornings. I got the area to myself while I was in there. The water was a nice warm temperature. I was disappointed to see no whirlpool, however, and that is kind of unusual to have a pool and no whirlpool. Overall, I enjoyed my stay. This hotel was much nicer than a lot of the other choices in town appeared to be. All the staff was very friendly, particularly the late night guy who was very helpful with directions and information on the area. I would stay here again and recommend.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sault Ste. Marie
Hampton Inn Sault Ste Marie
Hampton Inn Sault Ste Marie
#2 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Ojibway
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Oj...
#8 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Days Inn Sault Ste Marie MI
Days Inn Sault Ste Marie MI
#11 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront
Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault S...
#3 of 23 in Sault Ste. Marie
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#10 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. Marie
Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. M...
#6 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie

Been to Best Western Sault Ste. Marie? Share your experiences!