“Relaxing Meal”

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Howell, Michigan
“Relaxing Meal”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Typical Applebee's restaurant. Well appointed and a pleasing atmosphere. Great place to relax over good food and drinks.

Visited March 2014

Welschneudorf, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
“Perfect place”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I've been there a dozen times. Always a pretty good place to relax, eat and drink. Whenever I'm in Soo, I used to go to Applebee's. Just sometimes I'm unfaithful and go to Frank's Place downtown.

• Visited May 2013
Webster, New York
“They could do so much better.”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Most of my family lives in Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan, so I am there at least a couple of times a year visiting.

I asked for a medium well steak, but got what my wife and I clearly agreed was medium rare. I sent it back, and when it came back, it was medium. I sent it back....yet again....it finally returned medium well. The steak (once they got it right, finally) was good and tender, to be fair. The manager apologized, but did NOT offer to make up for it, such as with a free dessert or free drink (my wife has extensive experience in restaurant management, and was annoyed they did not do this, and I would agree. Apologizing for mistakes that should never have happened are not enough, one should try to do something extra that is tangible).

We overheard the group in the booth behind us that had the EXACT same experience with their steak, only they decided to pack up the other person's entree and leave before the steak came back. They were not given a discount either. We overheard them saying "the only decent thing was the wings".

ADVICE TO MANAGEMENT: Make sure you have cooks who can actually make a steak as ordered and will not rush it. I get that you are not a steakhouse, but you ought to be able to have cooks who can differentiate between "medium rare" and "medium well". Also have your managers realize that when you inconvenience customers and waste their time and patience, you try to make it up to them a bit with something for free. How much does it cost you to give them an extra drink?

To be fair, the place was clean and neat. The food was decent. The managers were polite. But this is just inexcusable.

Visited October 2013
Elliot Lake, Canada
“Good food and enjoyable atmosphere.”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My favourite meal here is the Orange chicken dish along with an order of honey garlic wings, and for desert their hot fudge sundays is a must. The staff are always in a happy mood and very friendly.

Visited May 2013
Toronto, Ontario
“Good food and service.”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Everything what you would expect from an Applebee's. Good food and excellent American service. My daughter and I enjoyed our lunch, especially the chocolate cake for dessert!

• Visited October 2013