“Friendly Staff/Fair Prices”

Hometown Inn and Suites
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed here with a group of youth wrestlers . The front desk staff were very accommodating allowing us to stay in 6 rooms at the end of one hallway. There was a good selection of breakfast items and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The pool area needs a little work; there were several loose tiles and one of the kids stubbed a toe. Overall, a good value.

Room Tip: I'd suggest a room that's not facing the pool. It could get a little loud and there was at l...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Ryan K, Manager at Hometown Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

There are newer reviews for Hometown Inn and Suites

Reviewed 5 March 2013

I accidently booked the wrong hotel, I normally stay someone else when I travel here but I was in a hurry and didn't realize it until I got there. I thought it's just one night, how bad can it be. First impression, check in person was unpleasant. My room smelled musty and gross. The bathroom was dirty, I didn't even feel comfortable taking a shower.

I went to bed and woke up freezing, I messed with heater all night long, slept curled up in a ball all night barely sleeping. I tried to call front desk to ask for help or extra blankets but my phone was not plugged in nor was the night stand lamp.

I complained in the AM, and she took 15.00 off my bill. I later spoke with manager and he refused to do anything more about it. Basically told me since the heat worked it was not his problem. I've never been treated so badly. I will be contacting corporate offices.

Hotel was old, gross and smelly. I can handle old, but not gross, dirty and smelly.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank t b

We are sorry to hear your stay was so terrible, that is not our moto at all. We are not a brand new property but do have intentions renovating in the near future. We do like to please our guests before they leave and i am truely sorry you were not happy when you left. I can only say we are trying our best to improve every aspect of our property and will hope to see you stay with us once more. Please do not assume we do not care about what our guests experience here at our property means to us. I look forward to your future stay with us and again we at Comfort Inn are truely sorry your stay was unplesant.

Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in jacuzzi suite for a concert at kewadin...the hotel could use some tlc- wallpaper peeling everywhere, caulking needs to be replaced...the window in our suite faced the pool area- and the curtains didn't close- bizzare!!! Lack of hot water made for a chilly jacuzzi tub- location is awesome but don't think we will stay again...

• Stayed: February 2013
Ryan K, General Manager at Hometown Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Reviewed 1 February 2013

love the place nice spa pool in nice and hot room clean the people there are so nice if i ever go back to the soo i will stay at the comfort inn i want some help with my car the maintenance guy help me he was so nice the manager told me if i need anything to let him now

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 January 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for over 8 years, several times per year. The last 3 visits have been very disappointing. No conversation upon check in, no validation of how many nights, check out all 3 times, no one cared to ask how my visit was upon checkout...
I complained on the last 2 visits that the rooms needed a good cleaning, night stands were disgusting when I pulled them out to use the outlet, dust balls, hair, food, coins... towels had holes in them, and when I checked the sheets, stains around the bottom, gross
Bathroom sinks are all cracked and discolored
no one seems to care
I am surprised the Choice hotels allows this hotel to carry its' name

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RADIATORMAN1

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your visit. I have shared your feedback to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Sault Sainte Marie.

Kind Regards,

Manager

Reviewed 23 November 2012

This evening I checked into my hotel room with my 19 month old. I would never stay here again. I will never recommend anyone to stay here. The service was horrible. Kristin who checked us in was very nice and helpful, but the night audit girl (unknown name), blonde was extremely rude and mean. I called down to the front desk at 1:15 a.m. give or take because the room next to me (143) had their radio blaring obnoxiously. She told me verbatim, "I don't think there is anyone in there....no no there is someone in there. I can not do anything because there are people in there." and then she hung up on me. Really? You can't do anything about the noise because someone is in the room?? She did not call their room, did not go to their room to ask them to turn their radio down, nothing. I took it into my own hands and called their room. I heard the phone ringing, no answer. 10 minutes later called again and a gentleman picked up and apologized and turned their radio off. I went outside to my car and found the front desk girl sitting down texting on her phone. She did not say hi or greet me as I walked back in the door. All she did was look up at me with a glare. How welcoming.

As for our room, I have the King size Jacuzzi sweet. Overall I am unhappy. The Jacuzzi was nice and very large. The shower walls were scummy looking and dirty. Not acceptable for a hotel. The rest of our room appears to be cleaned, but the pillows on our bed are small square pillows. They are not regular sized pillows, I am sure I could ask for a regular sized pillow, but I doubt the front desk girl tonight will do anything about that. Our mirrors are quite dirty and poorly cleaned, our head board is very dusty and our carpet was also poorly vacuumed.

As for the maintenance of the hotel, we were not given room keys to our room because all of the key card locks on all of the rooms are not working. This happens to be very annoying and also unacceptable. I have worked in hotels before and this is quite an easy fix when it happens, but apparently it is too much for them or else it would have been done.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank leeshiepie

I am so it has taken us so long to reply to your comment, we are new to trip advisor response page. I would first like to say that when your stay was we were having difficulties with our key card machine and had to let our guests in manually every time. That is very hard to do when we are short staffed at that time of year. The hotel is now going to go renovations very soon and would hope you come stay with us in the near future. It is our goal to insure every guest is happy when they depart our property. In this case we are sorry to hear your dissapointment with you accomidation. Again we are sorry to hear you were displeased and hope to see you real soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Does the job for a night passing by, if you can get a good rate. The bathroom was clean. There was a microwave and fridge in the room. The bed (queen) was old. The hotel is outdated and would deserve a good revamping. There's a lot of restaurants and stores within walking distance. Internet was not working good from our room.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business