The location is wonderful if you're visiting the area to see the locks or experience the downtown area. I was in town for business, but it was nice to be able to go back to the hotel and watch ships pass by from my window.
The building is historic (read: older), but it's in decent shape. Some of the walls in the rooms could use some TLC, but the place felt clean and comfortable overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Historical Hotel site on a site overlooking the Famous Internation Soo Locks. We are the Home of the Famous Freighters Restaurant and the Captains Pub and Grill. We will celebrate our 75th Anniversary on New Years Eve. Since 1927 this hotel has hosted Presidents and diplomats from all over the world. The senior president Bush hosted us with his presence in 1982. This property exhuberates with nostalgia from eras gone by. Take a trip through time as you enjoy our history and artifact display. Our staff is one of few who pay attention to the details of your comfort. Enjoy the luxurious lobby and historic lighting. Shop at all the gift shops. Whether you are snowmobiling or checking in to read your favorite book call and book with our staff. You deserve to savor the moment in one of our hot tub suites. Call now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Ojibway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Ojibway Hotel Sault Sainte Marie
- Ramada Sault Sainte Marie
- Ramada Hotel Plaza Ojibway
- Sault Sainte Marie Ramada