We stayed here for a quick, one-night business trip (3 people, 3 rooms). Overall, the stay was pleasant (with one complaint, below).
When we walked in on a Wednesday evening, the front staff was very accommodating, and quickly and efficiently checked us in. However, there was an overwhelming sewage-type odor throughout the first floor (and later sort of seeped up to the higher floors). The front desk staff said they thought it was a natural gas leak, but didn't find anything....but we were all in agreement that the odor was more sewage-like. However, to the hotel's credit, whatever the cause was was fixed by the next morning...there wasn't a trace of anything found anywhere.
Other than that, the stay was very good. The pool and hot tub (large!) looked very clean and invitiing, but alas i was not able to make the time to use it. The rooms were large and clean. the beds were comfortable (not necessarily luxurious, but very serviceable), and the pillows full-sized and very comfortable! (I loved the descriptions of the pillow types on the pillow cases...soft, firm, etc.....a great concept!).
The breakfast in the morning was very good (how can you go wrong with sasuage gravy and biscuits??), and had a surprising plentiful number of choices.
Overall, a good stay, and definitely is a very viable choice when returning to this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just steps form Lake Superior State University, minutes from the Soo Locks, and St. Mary s river let Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan fulfill all your lodging needs. You can relax knowing we offer a broad range of services and amenities featuring our Express Start Breakfast Bar. Our large elegant lobby features a library with a relaxing sitting area where you can read in front of our exquisite fireplace. For the recreationally inclined, we offer an on site fitness room with modern equipment, as well as a heated indoor Pool and Spa. We are located within miles of DonDee Bowling Lanes, Agawa Canon Train Tours, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, and only 20 minutes from Chippewa County International Airport (CIU). We are delighted to provide you with exceptional service while you savor the historical Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. Marie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. Marie Hotel Sault Sainte Marie
- Holiday Inn Sault Sainte Marie
- Sault Sainte Marie Holiday Inn