Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. Marie
US$144
Hampton.com
Super 8 Sault Ste. Marie(Sault Ste. Marie)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$81
Americas Best Value Inn(Sault Ste. Marie)
US$95
Hotels.com
US$94
US$89
US$142
US$128
US$101
BestWestern.com
Kewadin Casinos Hotel(Sault Ste. Marie)
US$91
Adoba Lockview Hotel(Sault Ste. Marie)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$93
Hotels.com
Budget Host Crestview Inn(Sault Ste. Marie)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$77
Plaza Motor Motel(Sault Ste. Marie)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$67
All reviewslake superior state universitycinnamon rollsnice hotelfront deskinternational bridgegas stationthe breakfast arearoom was cleansoo locksfirst floorhotel is locatedyogurtgreat place to stayeasy accessshort drivebusiness trippool and hot tub
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Room was large and lovely and had a great view of the International Bridge from the 5th floor. Not walking distance to town, but is centrally located to Freeway, attractions and downtown restaurants. Breakfast is iffy, bagels, cereal, etc, but you can make your own pancakes. We didn't eat there. Indoor pool looked OK, bed was comfortable and there were enough pillows. Front desk staff was accommodating and helpful with directions to attractions.

1  Thank kwhalen01
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our family of 8 (4 adults, 4 children) stayed at the hotel this past weekend. We had 2 connecting rooms on the second floor facing the river. Unfortunately, 1 "riverview" room was directly over the entrance below and the view was blocked by the entrance roof. The other room was fine, but if you want a better view ask for a higher floor. The room and public areas were very nice, clean and up-to-date. The breakfast area was nice although very crowded the 3 mornings we were there. Coffee was very good and the breakfast was typical. The lobby had a fireplace and nice seating area which we used to eat breakfast in one of the mornings. The pool was nice as was the hot tub...the children had fun although day 1 the clorine was so strong in the air our eyes stung as we walked in. The hotel is close to downtown and the locks...great location across from the college.

This was our 3rd visit; we will definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathleen C
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel is isolated from restaurants for lunch/dinner. You have to either take 15 minutes to go downtown or along the South exit from town. The breakfast they serve is quite good for variety/choice/ease of getting. I especially liked the Holiday Inn pancake maker the chain has. The bed was not firm as I would prefer. The bathroom was quite small and the shower had fair pressure/coverage. The room was quiet.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear e10750law,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I did not want to give it four stars over 1 problem. However, the facial tissue was rougher than the toilet paper. Outside of that, everything was just fine. Great beds, and pillows. Had a great nights sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you desire one.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
SSMHIE, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2014

Dear thinkinc,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, we are sorry to hear that the was a concern with the tissue's, I will definitely bring this to managements attention.

We are please to hear though that the rest of the facility and staff met up to your expectations.

Wendy
Front Desk

Reviewed 13 July 2014

First let me say this is a very clean facility, with wonderful beds and pillows which are very important for me for a restful nights sleep. When we had problems with the TV, Phil from the front desk came to the room promptly to help.

That being said I was extremely upset that we didn't get what we reserved, I called this hotel because it was shown on the Soo Locks Boat Tours website as having "packages". I called and inquired about a package and specifically said we wanted to do the Soo Locks Lighthouse Tour. I was told there was a package with a 2 night minimum that included that tour and entrance to the Shipwreck Museum at Whitefish Point for $254. Phil initially told me that was per night. When I said that didn't make sense because the rate at that time for the hotel was $99. The lighthouse tour was $100 for two people and the Shipwreck Museum was $26 for two people. The cost of reserving the room for two nights ($200) plus the cost of the tour and museum ($126) would only be approx. $326. How could a package for $508 make sense?? He checked and came back And confirmed $254 was the total for the two night stay. I wanted to check the dates first, so said I would call back to book. When I called back later to reserve, the young lady I spoke with (don't know her name) again tried to tell me it was $254 per night and I again pointed out that didn't make sense. She also checked and came back to confirm it was the total for the stay. I confirmed again that it included the Soo Locks Lighthouse Tour and entrance to the Shipwreck Museum. She confirmed it did, so I made my reservation. I noted the confirmation number, the cost and what it included in my phone for reference

When we arrived at the hotel, the girl at the front desk at first didn't even realize it was a package until I asked for my tickets to the tour and the museum. They looked all around for tickets, then said they would have to "go down" to buy tickets to the museum because they didn't have any. They then tried to give me tickets to the regular Soo Locks Tour. I told them what I had reserved was the Lighthouse Boat Tour not the regular tour. They told me the package only included the regular tour. I expressed my displeasure because I had confirmed TWICE on the phone that the Lighthouse boat tour was what I was getting. The woman who appeared to be the manager told me she could change my reservation to just the room and I could buy the tickets independently. She said she would give me a 20% discount so the room would be $112/night! When I said that was terrible because now I would be paying as much for the room $224 plus tax) as they had quoted me for the package and she AGAIN tried to tell me the package was $254 PER NIGHT!! Why on earth would anyone pay $500 for something they could book independently for $326!!

I know this is a very long review, but anyone attempting to book a package through this hotel should be sure to make them email a confirmation since you are only able to book a package over the phone and can't do it through the website.

2  Thank Youngatheart136
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Youngatheart136,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I apologize for any confusion regarding your reservation. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A