“Fresh, Local, Delicious”

Mesa Luna
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Sawyer
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Farm-to-table cooking & cocktails served in a cozy place with seating on a patio & screened porch.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I started with the pea puree flatbread appetizer. Superb! Because the season for these locally-grown peas is very short, it may already be off the menu. If it's still on, I highly recommend it. Next was the half order of salmon - delish. For dessert, I got a piece of chocolate cake. Rich, dense, a chocolate lovers dream.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This place caught our eye when we were driving to our vacation rental. I read online reviews about the place and decided to try it out. It was a wonderful place to eat. We had a great time and the service was perfect. I really loved the fact that they used locally grown ingredients. From the farm to the table that is what they are about. Very nice place to eat we will come back again.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We ate at the original Mesa Luna in Three Oaks years ago and missed it when it closed. We were thrilled to see them take over the old Soe space in Sawyer. The house made green curry is divine; I will go back just for that. Our group had the shrimp green curry, the arctic char, the chicken shwarma, and the skirt steak and everyone loved their meals. Server was really great. They were out of the wine we wanted and the owner came over and substituted a more expensive wine at the price of the one we wanted. Cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Once again we are in Union Pier, MI having a restful weekend. We tried a fairly new restaurant in Sawyer, MI. Mesa Luna is a great place to eat!!!! We had a wonderful meal and fantastic service. They have a varied menu which is changed according to what is available during the season. They make their own barbeque chips, which are delicious. I had the best burger. A generous portion of meat cooked to perfection with cheese, lettuce and homemade pickles (that are wonderful)!!! My companion had fish that was outstanding. We definitely will return to this restaurant when we are up here in July again. Recommend it to anybody. It was a dining experience. You have your choice of sitting in the dining room, at the bar, a screened in porch (this is where we sat) or outdoors on a patio. You have the option of ordering half or whole portions on several items on the menu. Very reasonably priced and good deal for your money,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We have tried Mesa Luna for dinner and brunch and loved it both times. Really like the small plate options, they are perfect for sharing and gives friends the chance to try many of the really interesting dishes. My husband would have licked the Garlic Custard plate if the restaurant wasn't so full. We are trying to support local businesses and avoid the chains, the farm to table and local wine concept is perfect for us.