“Suited me perfectly”
Review of Fox River Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Seney
Fox River Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Seney
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I needed a room to stay in for the night. Fox River Motel was pretty much the only accommodation with vacancy. It's in the middle of nowhere but it is a real gem. The room is small but spotless. There was a microwave and a small fridge. The TV got as many channels as I could possibly hope for. The big bonus was the free Wi-Fi. The room did not provide shampoo or conditioner but that was an extremely minor point. For $45 US, the room suited me perfectly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Pam C

Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is a clean, comfortable place to stay if you're visiting the Seney Wildlife Reserve (highly recommended!) or just if you're finding the need to stay overnight in this undeveloped part of the upper peninsula. The owners are friendly and helpful. There is a fridge and a microwave in the room. There is a bar and a restaurant across the street. I didn't visit the bar, but the restaurant is managed by a super friendly couple who managed to dig up an old pair of crutches for my husband (blew out his knee). The pasties she makes are pretty darn tasty too!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amy f
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Wasn't expecting such a well kept clean and well apportioned room for $45! Comfortable bed clean all around hot water kitchenette Dish tv and even wifi. The last chain hotel for $90 couldn't hold a candle to this. No free breakfast - but has coffee maker and coffee, so just bring your own groceries and use the mini-kitchen! We are on a bike - so all you bikers make this an overnight!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank YellowTriker
Reviewed 2 July 2013

There's not much in Seney, but there is an outstanding motel. The motel is split across 2 buildings. My room had all the amenities of a studio apartment in a big city. A kitchenette with microwave, fridge, half-stove, and sink, complete with dishes, cups, pans, etc was great, since I didn't have to worry about finding a restaurant for dinner or breakfast. Satellite TV and amazingly fast wireless internet access, a large bathroom, and a comfy bed complemented the place nicely. It's about 5 minutes from the main entrance to Seney NWR, right at the intersection of 77 and 28. The place was clean, the owners were friendly, and it was a comfy night's stay on a trip through the U.P.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Jon9769
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Perfect location for snowmobiling! Bar, restaurant & gas all within one block. Kitchenettes make for an ideal setup for a week of snowmobiling. Owners Don & Diane take great pride in their motel and their little town of Seney. Great location!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Prankstermary1
Reviewed 2 December 2012

The proprietors of this establishment are EXCEPTIONAL!! on his return to NMU my son and his 3 friends were caught in horrible weather conditions & got in an accident. I looked online for a place they could spent the night, this place was about 5 miles out and has great reviews. Not only did they give these kids a double room and at a discounted rate, they also went out in treacherous conditions and PICKED THESE KIDS UP!!! outstanding & I am so grateful! Thank-you so so much!! Also the kids said the room is very clean & nice!! I can't say enough about my appreciation for their help & kindness.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Martha D
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I didnt stay at the Fox Motel, however my group was riding motorcycles through Senney on Labor day 2012 and it was raining so hard we had pulled over on the side of the road, we could not see to get to a safe place it was raining so hard, Don pulled up next to us on the hwy and told us to follow him.. we followed him around the corner to his motel and he opened his garage door for us to pull into..what a awesome man..thanks Don...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda S

Been to Fox River Motel? Share your experiences!