“A great Motel”
Review of Fox River Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Seney
Fox River Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Seney
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was just passing by and I could not drive any more. Needed a room for my daughter and me. It was late and Diane had one room left. Very Clean and the bed was just perfect. Did not expect much from such a little place but I was greatly pleased. If you need a place to stay in Seney this would be the place. Thanks Diane, sorry I woke you.

Room Tip: Room 18 is great!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed one night at this motel motel while visiting Seney National Wild Life Refuge. It is essentially the closest accommodation to the refuge. We opted to stay in a room with a kitchen. We ended up not using the kitchen, but it has all the typical pots and pans etc. The lady at the desk was quite helpful and pleasant.

The room felt somewhat stuffy and showed its age. I have allergies to mold/mildew, and while it was not overwhelming, the place felt a bit musty. If that's not a problem, then this place will work as a reasonable place to stay when visiting Seney.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sirijay
Reviewed 25 September 2013

On my travels from downstate to Marquette I had some car troubles and had to be towed to a wonderful little shop just around the corner from this motel. They told me that it was a great place to stay and they were right! Since it was the off season, I walked inside to find instructions on how to get a room and the owner even stopped in to check on me. After a long, difficult day it was nice to be taken care of. The prices were exceptionally low and the rooms were spotless and made me feel right at home. I was able to walk practically across the street to the restaurant and enjoy a delicious home-style meal. Everyone that I came into contact with in this entire town was helpful and friendly. I was in such need of a place like this and had such appreciation for the hospitality that I had to send everyone a "thank you" card. I will be finding excuses to stay here again and so should everyone else!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Maegan H
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

We picked this motel based on fellow reviewers and were not disappointed. Very clean room, lots of space, cable, wifi, fridge and even a stove, pots, pans and plates, etc. and extremely reasonable prices. Beds were very comfortable too.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were beyond happy about our stay at the Fox River Motel. We rented a kitchenette room that included two queens beds. There was enough room to move around and cook meals in the room. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. It is centrally located to Pictured Rocks and Seney NWF and easy to find. We would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: I don't believe that all of the rooms have kitchenettes - call ahead if you want one.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Thank you fellow Trip Avisors for recommending this local motel in Seney. I have severe pet allergies and the owners, Don and Diane, assured me that I would not have a problem. (Usually pet friendly). They took extra care making sure the room had a deep cleaning and providing a special room spray. It was perfect! The room was comfortable and had a kitchenette complete with dishes / cooking needs, dishwasing gear. Great TV service, too. The price was amazingly inexpensive. Each morning we had ate a fine breakfast at the nearby restaurant. I highly recommend the Red Fox Motel. We took day trips to the Falls in Munising, Picture Rocks sunset cruise and Seney Wildlife Refuge. Why stay in a chain motel when you can enjoy and support local folks!?!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I found myself stopped by heavy thunderstorms and put up at this small, neat, and clean motel in the little town of Seney. Pleasant owners on site. Family style restaurant down the road in a two minute walk. No breakfast at the motel, but a coffee machine in the room did the trick for a starter.
I'd certainly stop here again if I was in the area. Oh yes, did I say "very reasonable" compared to some other places I stayed in Michigan....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert M

Been to Fox River Motel? Share your experiences!