“Brought me back to trip advisor ”
Review of Bad Brads BBQ

Bad Brads BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I've been on hiatus from reviews (personal reasons). This restaurant was so good I've been thinking about it every day and had to review it.

There are three locations out side of Detroit (I'm reviewing Shelby Township). I'd hope that all three are the same. I usually stay in a city for three nights for work. That gives me roughly three breakfasts,four lunches, and three dinners to decide somewhere to eat. I ate here five times. No lies. Their menu is varied and everything I had made me want to try something else. The BBQ is dynamite. The sauces are original and everyone stands on their own, but the 321 is definitely the best. The BBQ meat is good enough to eat without any sauce, but with it is something you won't forget. The sides are delicious and all scratch made. No beans out of a can or boxed Mac and cheese. They also have brick oven pizza which I had twice for lunch. The service is friendly, the to go versions are just as good as the in house. Even dessert was great. Add to that a full bar, and it's easy to see why this is in my top five places I've ever been. Maybe even top three.

2  Thank Joseph R

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I would have to say this is the best BBQ in Metro Detroit area....better than Slow's for sure. I go here several times a year and I've never had a bad meal. The food is high quality, very rich and very heavy....be prepared to be immobile for the rest of the evening. A couple of complaint I do have is the parking and the draft beer. The parking is a nightmare and there is simply not enough for the seating capacity; I always have to parking in the other businesses up the road. As far as the beer, warning, the prices are not listed for the draft beers for a reason....over $10 for a larger glass. I've never been to a restaurant where the beer is more than the meal!!!!

3  Thank dragisa t
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This place had amazing loaded chili cheese fries, huge salads, and their lemon water was extra lemony! Nice building, fun environment, great BBQ food choices.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

If you're from Metro Detroit, and even if you're not, you've heard of Slow's BBQ in Downtown Detroit. I prefer Bad Brad's because their food is just as good as the stuff you'll find at Slow's, but they really win because they're practically in my backyard in Shelby Township!

We stop at Bad Brad's for BBQ about once a month and when we signed our marriage license a few weeks before our ceremony on a Bahamian cruise, we took our witnesses to dinner here. They don't take reservations but accommodated our group of 12 in about 20 minutes on a Sunday night.

I've sampled about everything on the menu, but gravitate toward the pulled pork and pork sausage. Get an appetizer of the smoked wings -- never had any wings that tasted better. They have tangy baked beans with pieces of brisket in them. Their tortilla soup is amazing and spicy. Their potato salad is second only to mom's. And since their leftovers taste as good the next day, make room for the bread pudding as it's pretty decadent and wonderful.

1  Thank Artemis927
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This probably would have been a 5 star review if it were not for the rude behavior of two employees as we were trying to leave.

Our service was very good and the food was tasty. However, upon trying to exit the outdoor patio were bulldozed by a young man and a waitress. The door was thrown open on my husband and hit him in the shoulder. Not only was he not offered an apology for slamming him with the door the waitress made us back up and move out of her way instead of letting us walk the three feet to clear the way. (The outdoor patio has a very narrow corridor for entry and exit). Her comment to us was, "food coming through" in an irritated tone.

Maybe some customer service training is in order for some of the staff. I'm not sure I would come in and pay $120 again to be treated in this manner.

Sadly, a couple of poorly mannered employees is all it takes to make me think twice about returning or referring.

2  Thank Elton713