“Always a good meal ...Italian Style!”

Nonna's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 154 Restaurants in Shelby Township
Cuisines: American, Italian
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Always a good meal ...Italian Style!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I have eaten here many times. We have found a handful of Italian restaurants that we really like, and this is one of them. The food is always great, and the wait-staff is always friendly and helpful.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank joe48314

Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Lasagna Heaven”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

By far the best lasagna I have ever had in a restaurant, quite possibly ever. The lunch portion was large enough to satisfy even the biggest of appetites. The homemade bread served with my lunch was also top notch. I will definitely make a point of eating at Nonna's regularly now that I've found this gem. To top it off, my lunch was served quickly as I was back to work within 45 minutes. Two thumbs up!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Scorecard
michigan
“Five stars”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My family are regulars here. Growing up in an italian household, I long for traditional home cooked meals. Nonna's is just that. The food, the service and atmosphere is comforting and excellent.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank TrulyAwsome
Naples, Florida
“Just Blah”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I'm not saying that I emphatically would not return, but there are many other quality options for Italian dining in Metro Detroit. I'd probably patronize one of those if I had an option...

We got the aranciti for an appetizer (stuffed riceball with cheese, ground beef), all deep fried. Best dish that we had!

Salads with house dressing were good.

Entrees---Gnocchi with marinara sauce, and Spaghetti Alla Carbonnara. Gnocchi was NOT homemade, as advertised, and was marginally better than a frozen food dish. Spaghetti Alla Carbonnara with bacon bits, cream sauce, and egg was just pretty good.

Decor was low-average. We found the waitress to be condescending. Even though the place was scarcely packed when we arrived, she was put off when we had a couple of questions about menu items that we were unfamiliar with.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank 4248MI_Traveler
Macomb, MI
“Processed Chicken”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Got a carryout to try their foods before spending a lot there for a complete dinner. The expansion and alcohol license was good. But the wine selection is limited (looked at the menu while waiting for the carryout). The most disappointed dish was the Chicken Marsala which the chicken was processed chicken. The lasagna was good especially the sauce. But I think I would rather go to Carraba's or Da Francesco (on van dyde) than here if I'm going to pay $15 a meal for processed chicken. And the atmospere would be nicer. If i return, I think I would try their pizza and spagetti (stick with the good red sauce).

• Visited May 2013