“By far the best Mexican in town”
Review of Azteca's

Azteca's
Ranked #28 of 154 Restaurants in Shelby Township
Michigan
“By far the best Mexican in town”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We are so happy we found this place. Initially they were in a different location a few doors down, but they had to close after a fire. They have rebuilt on the corner in a nice, brighter, bigger location and I think it is much better. The food is outstanding; the service good and they are always nice and friendly. We used to live in TX and got spoiled down there with good Mexican food. This place is the best we have found anywhere around here. The gaucamole is good and so are their salsas. We tend to go for the hot, but the mild is rich and chunky with cilantro how we like it and the verde is also good. They recently started serving beer and have really good Sangria too with lots of fresh fruit. They hope to serve mixed drinks soon. Our meals are always great here. Not too greasy and heavy like some Mexican places. The Shrimp Burrito is really good. So are the pulled pork tacos and the Chicken Quesadillas. Our kids love the nachos and the Botana platter is tasty too. Be sure to save room for dessert. The Tres Leches (Milk Cake) is melt in your mouth good. One time we happened to be there when he had just made Churros. Oh my!... still dreaming of those - they were the best. The wait staff is great - even when we've had two families in a party & brought lots of kids. Always fast, efficient and kind. The chef is very talented and you can tell he has a real passion for what he does and making sure he does it well. I love how he comes out of the kitchen to make sure his guests are enjoying their meals. His whole face lights up if you are and I think that speaks volumes for someone who cares and aims to please. It really is a gem of a place and we're thrilled to have found it. ENJOY!

• Visited May 2012

Rochester Hills
“We love Authentic Gourmet Mexican Food”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

This has been our mainstay-family-going-out-to-eat-place for the last 8 years. Our two kids love it as well. The food is wonderfully flavored and the Watermelon Juice and Tamarindo Juice is soooo good. My husband likes the fajitas and dos equis beer. If you want to feel like you are on vacation take a quick trip to Aztec's. Remember to try the Sopapillas and the fried bananas. MMMMM good.

• Visited April 2012
“Outstanding Authentic Mexican”
Reviewed 16 April 2011

It's hands down the best Mexican restaurant in the Metro Detroit area, including the Mexican Town restaurants in Detroit.

The prices are very reasonable and the portions are well sized.

Like another review mentioned, the owners are almost always there and are very friendly and welcoming.

The appetizer bean dip (order with jalapeños) is to-die-for!

Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Best Mexican food in the area”
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Great food, pretty good service, good prices.
Best Mexican in the area. There are some Tex-Mex items on the menu, but there's a lot of authentic Mexican items there, too.
The owners are almost always there. This restaurant is their passion, and it shows. They had a fire in their first location, two doors away, and after 8 months they re-opened in this location, which made me so happy! The owner remembered us and greeted us personally the second time we visited, and is genuinely pleased to see us every time we return.
Unfortunately, the service by the waitstaff seems to have gone down since reopening in the larger space. I hope they can get that under control, but even so it's worth the trip.

South Lyon, Michigan
“First time I've had an opportunity to visit Azteca's restaurant, but certainly won't be my last. Probably the best...”
Reviewed 13 February 2010

First time I've had an opportunity to visit Azteca's restaurant, but certainly won't be my last. Probably the best service that I've had in a very long time, this family owned mexican restaurant is really out to please. The food was delicious and plentiful in the lunch portions. Wait staff made you feel welcome and took care of all our needs. I was stuffed all day from the great lunch.

1 Thank Brian C