“weekend getaway”

Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shelbyville
“weekend getaway”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My hubby and I were looking for a location for a weekend getaway along Lake Michigan. Everything was booked. We looked for resorts on Lakes in Michigan and Bay Pointe came up. The website sold us on booking it. When we arrived we were able to get into our room and we were overwhelmed with everything we seen. What an absolutely lovely place to visit. The gardens, waterfall, rocks, available dockage and the food at the restaurant was out of this world. We were there from Friday afternoon till Sunday early evening and it felt like it went by way to fast. We did have a boat with us and was able to explore the lake to find a cottage to stay in next summer. We will be back though for a weekend visit each summer...just to get that piece of heaven. Thanks. so very much for the beauty.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the water - the only way to go. Plus it had a small balcony to enjoy.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was the bride and I can't tell you enough how impressed I was with this location. Not only is it breathtakingly beautiful, the service, professionalism and quality were superb! My entire wedding party also went to the location for the entire weekend and stayed at the BoatHouse on the property. That was great to be so close and the day of it was very convenient because we could all get ready right there and then walk down when we were ready.
The food was amazing and the entire service team definitely made sure everyone was taken care of. The bridal party had our own personal server which was nice when we were taking pictures, etc. and not yet at the reception, so we could still enjoy everything.
I would highly recommend and well worth the money!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Waterville, Ohio
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at Bay Pointe for a wedding that my husband was in and we absolutely loved it there. The bride's family had the Boathouse reserved and the rest of us had rooms at the resort. The boathouse was amazing and worked perfectly for their large family and lots of guests coming & going. The patio area was the gathering place for most evenings. The resort rooms were nice...nothing overly fancy, but clean and well maintained. A group of us rented kayaks on Saturday and that was very reasonable. Another friend rented a pontoon boat that we all ventured out on and again, the pricing for that I felt was very reasonable. I guessed that the lake would be really busy on a Saturday, but it wasn't at all. A very peaceful lake.

Only negatives were that the Terrace Grille is not open for lunch and I felt the rooms were pretty pricey. I know that we would have lunched there nearly every day that we were there if it had been an option. There wasn't a big selection of restaurants within walking distance and some of us were there without vehicles so it would have been much more convenient for the restaurant to have been opened. The room prices were just more than I typically would pay and I didn't feel like the rooms themselves were necessarily worth the added cost. But, overall very happy with the resort.

Room Tip: Request a lake view, otherwise you have a view of the parking lot
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I traveled through Michigan and found this gem on Gun Lake. We stayed on a Saturday night and had a room facing the front yard and parking lot of the inn which was fine since the grounds are kept very nice. There was a wedding that evening by the lake and the inn was booked. We thought it may be a long loud night since many were staying at the inn. We never heard a sound all night.
The rooms are clean and spacious. The Terrace Grill is attached and breakfast is included. You can get an omelette or anything from the continental breakfast bar. All good.
We liked this inn so much we returned for two more nights and rented a pontoon boat that staff had delivered to the inn dock waiting for us. We had a great time and will return someday.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David H
Lakewood
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We went to Bay Pointe for our niece's wedding. It was the perfect Venue for this affair. Our room was very nice with a balcony overlooking Gun Lake. The only reason I did not give this resort an excellent rating is that there was no coffee maker in the room. This is a requirement for me as I do not like to have to get dressed and go down to the lobby for my first cup of coffee.

Room Tip: If you can afford to splurge for a suite, it is wll worth the extra money, Has a kitchenette, a bar...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Sterling Hts, MI
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I (62 and 59) stayed at Bay Pointe June 29-July 3, 2014. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was on the corner, second floor, facing the lake. We spent a lot of time on our balcony watching the lake. When we arrived on Sunday there was a wedding but unlike other reviews we did not experience any wild behavior by the guests. In fact, when we closed our doorwall we didn't hear anything and there was music playing at the reception. It was very peaceful Monday and Tuesday while we enjoyed the indoor pool, sunning area and lakefront. We had a blast Wednesday night at Gun Lake Live! What a great band and we met some great locals who taught us some new line dances. We ate at the restaurant 3 times. I loved, loved, loved the fish tacos and had them twice. The bartenders were very nice and conversational and we noticed they had some great top shelf liquor available. We brought our own cooler and brought it into the room so we could enjoy some adult beverages on our balcony.
We will definitely return some time soon. Perhaps for a quick winter getaway???

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Meagan F, General Manager at Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, 15 November 2014
Thank you for the heartfelt compliments! We are so pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay! The Fish Tacos are one of the most popular items on the menu!

P.S
The lake is absolutely gorgeous during the Winter season! We look forward to seeing you again!
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I love Bay Pointe Inn this was my third stay and I leave satisfied every time. I am a business owner so the nature of my staycation was to recharge for a couple of days and what better way to do that then by the lake. I am seriously considering hosting my corporate get away event here in the near future. The owner is always nice and that extends to the staff. If you're thinking of staying please do you will not be disappointed

• Stayed July 2014
Thank your for the wonderful comments! We are looking forward to your return!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center
Drury Inn & Suites Grand Rapids
Drury Inn & Suites Grand Rapids
#4 of 49 in Grand Rapids
Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo

Been to Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!