“My favorite pasty anywhere!”
Review of Bear Trap Inn

Bear Trap Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Shingleton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Glenwood, Illinois
“My favorite pasty anywhere!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I saw a sign for the Bear Trap Inn while heading to take some pictures along the Pictured Rocks, so I went there afterward. I noticed they had pasties, so I ordered one. It was the best ever. The crust is what made it stand out for me. Flaky, tasty, and it complemented all of the goodies inside the pasty. I ate at the bar and was bragging about it to the bartender. After a minute or two, she asked me to look across the bar at the woman who was smiling. It turned out she was the lady who made these remarkable treats, and she was enjoying my appreciation of them. I was told that only two ladies know the recipe that is used. Even though this place is a bit out of the way, I ventured there again during my time in the area just to have another pasty!

• Visited July 2013

Marengo, Illinois
“Great Food”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The food was really very good. We tried the cheese tortilla strips. YUM. The wait staff was very nice, helpful and chatty. The atmosphere is typical biker bar, but lunch time crowd was not rowdy in the slightest.

Visited September 2013
Bellevue
“Don't be fooled!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

May not look like much from the outside but the service and the food are beyond compare! My wife and I recently got married in Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and afterwards we all went to the Bear Trap for dinner. Everyone loved it! We had been there before on previous trips and liked it so much we decided that's where we want our "Reception" dinner to be!!!

• Visited August 2013
Manteno, Illinois
“Rockin the UP”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We love the food and the people who own the place and work there. Visited Munising and went there for dinner. I grew up in Chicago and have to say that the Bear Trap steak beats a Chicago steak. The Dyna Bites are killer. You should try this place when passing through. The restaurant has a few bear hides and dear on the walls but it is what the UP is all about which is being in the northwoods and surrounded by nice folks and great food. We are comin back next year-The Kowalczyks

• Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bear Trap!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We love this little restaurant. It's kitsch and retro; but, the food is decent+ and the service is excellent.

Visited August 2013