“Best Value for a Winter Retreat”

HawksHead Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 68 Restaurants in South Haven
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Morton, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Value for a Winter Retreat”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My colleague and I spent a 3-day, 2 night winter retreat the first weekend of February and again the last weekend of March at HawksHead! A great value and a great way to de-stress during the winter. We enjoyed the Ice Breaker Festival, Chili Cook-Off, and cross country skiing HawksHead #1 and #9 fairways in February! In March, we enjoyed a relaxing craft weekend of painting story stones from our South Haven summer beach collection. As central Illinoisians, we love the fact that in 4 hours we can be relaxing on the North Beach, golfing at our favorite HawksHead or enjoying a winter retreat! The staff even had an additional table in room #1 for our crafting this time!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank jkinsinger
HawksHead18, Manager at HawksHead Restaurant, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for choosing us as your place for a retreat. We are proud to offer great views, great food and great service to all of our guests. Thanks for giving us such a great review!

White Lake, Michigan
“Worth the drive!!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My Mother, daughter and I drove 3 hours to have dinner and stay over night at the Inn. I am glad to say it was well worth it! the staff was very friendly and helpful, our room was spacious and comfortable and the dinner was fantastic!!! I will recommend to everyone!!

• Visited November 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Best Restaurant In The Area!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My family and I have been going to South Haven for years. In my opinion, Hawks Head is the best dining around the area. I've had just about everything on the menu and have never had a bad meal. Service is impeccable and the views are tremendous. The views are beautiful. On our last visit (10/26/13) I had the lobster bisque, which is one of the best I've had. The ribeye was flavorful and cooked just right. My wife had the filet, which was also excellent. The lobster mac and cheese is delish too! Dishes range from around $15-$30. I've been to most of the restaurants in the area, and Hawks Head is our favorite hands down! We went upstairs to look at the rooms, and we will definitely stay at the lodge next visit. On a side note, the golf course is one of the best around too!

3 Thank Paul H
Elmwood Park, Illinois
“Wedding Aniversary”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed at the inn on Ocotber 25-27 for our 19th year wedding anniversary. I can not say enough GREAT things about the accomodations, the staff and our overall stay.It was first rate all the way around.One night we returned back to the inn late after a day of touring the South Haven and adjoining area's. The restaurant was about to close.The chef and staff stayed open a little longer and served us a great meal. The grounds were so inviting and relaxing. The fall color changes spectacular!! The food and service was totally first rate....

A great place to stay for a special occasion or just to relax for a few days.A very well run operation!!! We will be back.....

1 Thank Tom D
Granger, Indiana, United States
“Great weekend!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

A beautiful trip and stay all the way around. The golf was what we needed, the Inn was was perfect. We had a lovely anniversary dinner, sleep like babies, and listened to the rustling of the leaves from our open window. The topper was breakfast delivered to the room. We want to do his oat least once a year.

1 Thank Mark M
HawksHead18, General Manager at HawksHead Restaurant, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
I am happy to hear you had a great stay with us at HawksHead. Thank you for your review. A relaxing and accomodating atmosphere is what we aim to provide on every visit.