“Average meal”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Toledo, Ohio
“Average meal”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Service was slow. The restaurant was out of quite of few selections, but in all fairness, there was a large weekend event in South Haven. That being said, the perch was average.

Visited June 2014

Highland
“Great Dinner!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I were looking for a place to eat. Everywhere went went to had a 1 1/2 - 3 hour wait. We ended up stumbling across the thirsty perch.

I am not a seafood person so I was a little iffy on eating here. But wow the food was great. We got the lobster Mac and cheese. This was awesome ( even for someone who hates lobster) my husband got the oysters and he loves them. For dinner I got the grilled chicken salad. It was huge! My husband got crab legs and a steak for dinner. The crab legs were cooked perfectly. ( again I ate some and I don't normally like seafood) he steak was also cooked perfectly.

If I had to complain about anything it would have to be the drink I ordered. It was so strong I couldn't drink it.

The food is a little pricey but worth it!

• Visited June 2014
Schaumburg, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lack of service!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We come to South Haven often and have tried The Thirsty Perch on 2 different occasions. Both times we sat down and waited for 20 minutes for a server to come to our table. The food was disappointing, my baked potato was reheated, probably from the previous day, because it was hard and cold on the inside. Overall it was a very disappointing experience and we will not be returning to the Thirsty Perch.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jody F
Berkley
“Good food”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I ate there last week and had a special salmon dish that was not on the regular menu. I would have to say it was probably the best Salmon that I have had in a restaurant in a very long time. It was a bit more expensive for their menu items then I thought it would be. The service was very good good. I would probably go back.

• Visited April 2014
South Haven, Michigan
“Expensive Average food”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Thirsty Perch food is average, and it's more expensive than other restaurants in South Haven which have better food. We've been there twice in the last 2 months and have not been impressed.

• Visited January 2014