“So much potential.”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The oysters and calamari were good. The other food not so much. At least I haven't cared for it my last two visits. They do make an awesome Bloody Caesar though. They need to bring in a chef and spend a little time learning how to cook the food. A little investment could make this place amazing.

1  Thank MDSC0421

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My grandma and I ate here in May and had a great experience. We both had the walleye, and it was so delicious! The presentation was beautiful as well. The service was awesome. The waiter told us about the area when we asked but gave us our space to socialize, as we hadn't seen each other in awhile. We felt very relaxed. I would highly recommend the restaurant.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were really disappointed by our experience at Thirsty Perch. We were seated at a table in the bar - moderately comfortable, but they really had people packed in (uncomfortably close together). Our server was friendly but very slow.

We started with the smoked whitefish and artichoke dip. It was a very nice artichoke dip, but I'm not sure there was much whitefish in it. I had the panfried perch, and my partner had the rosemary chicken. The chicken was dry and not very flavorful. My perch arrived overdone and wet. (Our server told us that the cook said that the chicken took longer to cook than the perch, and that he made a fresh batch of perch for me. Given the state of my perch, I'm not so sure about that.) We can't vouch for the other dishes or for items off of the raw bar, but we were not happy with the quality of our dinners. Next time we are in South Haven, we won't be back to the Thirsty Perch.

(Since we ate there, we learned that the restaurant was really excellent until a few years ago.)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is essentially a bar that has decr raw bar. Perch itself was just average. Service was attentive but not a must go. Taste much better restaurant.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Service was slow. The restaurant was out of quite of few selections, but in all fairness, there was a large weekend event in South Haven. That being said, the perch was average.