“Wedding stay.”

Lake Bluff Inn and Suites
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in South Haven
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Nice setting for a wedding with Lake Michigan in the background. Spacious rooms with convenient access to South Haven. Rooms could have been a bit cleaner but were fully
stocked with kitchen utensils. Friendly staff and gorgeous grounds. Nice variety of rooms as well. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit with patio looking out at Lake Michigan, charcoal grills
and picnic tables for each room. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 September 2013

My Husband and and I came for 2 days to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary. When we drove up to the Inn we were both pleasantly surprised. It looked amazing. We received our key. When we went into our suite we were not impressed. Very small. We went ahead and got the King Size bed with jacuzzi in room. Also, requesting that our room look at the Lake. One little round table with 2 chairs that were placed by the wall thermostat. There was absolutely no room to place the chairs and table anywhere else. The bathroom was so small that you had to get in and shut the door if you used the toilet. There was no way that anymore than 1 person could be in there. Thankfully there was a sink and a mirrow outside of the bathroom. I asked if there was a kitchenette and was advised yes. The kitchenette was a small refrigerator and a microwave on the top. That was placed right by door into the suite. The television remote did not work well. I replaced the batteries and that did not help. When we arrived at the suite we had 2 bath towels, 1 hand towel and 1 wash cloth. There was a coffee pot on top of the dresser that only had 1 coffee pack in, no cream and the sugar packet was hard as a rock. No kleenex in room and many spiders! It was obvious that the owners did not advise the house keepers that someone was coming. The older lady that I assumed was the owner, was not overly friendly. Also, we decided to go to the Rec Room to play some video games and pool. About 8:00 I went into the office to get some quarters and a young girl was there. I was very friendly and was asking her some questions. It was very obvious that she was not interested in talking to me. I asked her if the rec room was opened and if everything was going. She said yes the door is unlocked. We got into the rec room and none of the machines had lights on them. We decided to play a game of pool and tried to figure out where the main plug may have been to get the video games to come on. Finally my husband went to the breaker box and turned on a switch to the on position. Everything came on! However, the only pin ball machine they had was not working. The other 3 video games that I played did work well. There were issues with the buttons on all of them. They were all VERY old machines! I also had asked the young girl if I could get some cream for my coffee and she said she did not know where it was. I looked around in the kitchen area where they had a beautiful set up and a wonderful assortment at breakfast time. She said well I guess you'll have to come back in the morning!!! The lake view was wonderful. I would not stay here again and would not recommend it. In my opinion they need to upgrade the room we were in or any that may need it. They have a beautiful grounds area and the suites on the outside and beautiful. Beautiful decks, etc. Spending $200.00 a night I would have thought we would have received what we were told we would get.. Very disappointed.....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deb P
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We will never stay another place in South Haven except Lake Bluff Inn & Suites. The family owned resort is awesome. Clean rooms, great staff, awesome complementary breakfast includes fresh fruit, rolls, bagels, mini sandwiches, juices, coffee, a great lite way to stary your day. The pool area was so clean and kept well, and the seperate kiddy pool is fantastic for the kids. The grounds are beautiful and they can accomadate any kind of room you want or need, fireplaces, kitchenettes, jacuzzi. O so very relaxing and enjoyable. U must go and see for your self, wether its a romantic get a-way, girls weekend or fun fun for the whole family, Lake Bluff Inn & Suites is five star in our book !!

Room Tip: Any room would be great, just depends on what size you need. we were in the 30's. very cozy, lot...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stumbled across Lake Bluff Inn on the internet and thought the price was right and the pictures on their website were appealing. Took our chances and sooooo glad we did. It is a little piece of heaven nestled on a bluff overlooking Lake Michigan. Lots of beautiful trees to give you that outdoorsy feeling as well. Very family friendly and super nice staff. Sunsets were gorgeous. South Haven is only a hop, skip, and jump away too. If you're expecting the Ritz, this is NOT your place. It is all about the beauty of Michigan here and very peaceful, away from the hustle and bustle of traffic.

We will definitely be returning with our husbands and extended family members.

Room Tip: The suites are absolutely gorgeous and we will be returning next summer for a family vacation.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim E
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our 3-day Labor Day stay at Lake Bluff was a very enjoyable and provided a relaxing weekend. The staff was very curteous, room was clean with profecient kitchen utensils, and fabulous lake view. The grounds were well maintained with numerous shady trees to rest and enjoy the view. Downtown South Haven is minutes away where sandy beaches were very accessible. We were concerned with some very negative reviews of this property but soon confirmed them unfounded. When departing there were other guests making plans to return in the future. We plan to as well!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My wife and I had planned a 3 day "end of summer getaway" to western Michigan Aug 2013. We only live a few hours away, but we really wanted to be near Lake Michigan for this trip. We searched for the closest lodging near the lake itself and came across Lake Bluff Inn. We read several reviews (some very negative) that had us somewhat concerned about the motel. We decided to proceed with our plans to stay there anyway and we are glad that we did. The staff was very friendly throughout our entire stay. We were assigned room 15, which is in the middle row, facing the grounds & lake. Our room was very nice..clean..and had tile/carpeted floors, mini kitchen, sink, bathroom with walk-in-shower, and a flat-screen TV. We were comfortable and slept well during our stay. The complementary breakfast was delicious and had everything you could want, minus scrambled eggs and meat. Plenty of fruits, doughnuts, cereal, juice, coffee..etc to choose from. This hotel is only a couple of miles from downtown South Haven, so its very easy to bike, walk or drive to town. We enjoyed our stay so much that we are making plans to stay in one of their full-featured suites this fall, which overlook Lake Michigan. If you are considering Lake Bluff Inn, do not hesitate to book a stay. Its cozy, cute and affordable (and THE only hotel close to Lake Michigan).

Room Tip: If you do not book a higher-end suite/room facing the lake itself, try to book one of the standard r...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband and I have stayed here several times since 2006 and recently stayed for three days in late July. The service has definitely deteriorated but the prices have gone up, unfortunately. We noticed that there weren't nearly as many people as in past years in the summer months and I think one reason is that they charge too much money for the quality delivered. We had to go to the office twice to get coffee for the room that should have been part of the room cleaning routine and the office personnel did not seem to care one way or the other. There are better properties in the area for the same amount of money. Go elsewhere!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Saugatuck - Douglas

Been to Lake Bluff Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!