Lake Bluff Inn and Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Old Harbor Inn(South Haven)
  • Pool
Hotel Nichols(South Haven)
View Hotel
Sun n Sand Resort(South Haven)
View Hotel
All reviewsstory buildinglarge suitefamily reunionhot tubkiddie poolpicnic tables and grillsgrounds are amazingfunctional roomswooded areabit datedshuffle boardpeaceful settingbeautiful sunsetfree breakfastsmall kitchenrainy daynice weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We just got back from a fantastic stay at LBI. We stayed in the King suite. The view from our deck was well worth the price! Very quiet, beautiful grounds. The pool was clean with lots of chairs. There is a lack of towels (be aware that you use room towels for the pool or bring your own) Breakfast was top notch, lots of home made goodies, cereal, bagels and fresh fruit. Our room was very clean. Bathroom is snug, but the extra sink helps a lot. We also had a shortage of toilet paper of all things! The deck overlook is wonderful. Sunsets to die for! Just minutes from South Haven. If you want a quiet, off the beaten path place, this is it!

Room Tip: The three story room has great views of the lake
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank cathyham54
Reviewed 1 June 2014

After reading some of the reviews, we were a little worried about our stay at Lake Bluff. However, we had a wonderful time. It is a beautiful location, with beautiful grounds, and a very laid back feel to it. When we arrived, we had every intention of driving into town to shop, however we stayed around the resort and just chilled. The deck outside our room was nice with comfy chairs and a great view of Lake Michigan. The pool was nice, and the room was clean. I was not expecting a JW Marriott experience, but a homey nice weekend at the lake, and that is what we got. The owner was very nice and we were pleasantly surprised at the nice continental breakfast...cute pasteries, fun little sandwiches and fruit salad. We will be back. A very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are great. You can walk right out to pool or lake.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DianeRyd
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Upon checking in, I realized that I didn't get the room I thought I booked. I booked a king room with a jacuzzi and a fireplace and received a king with two bedrooms. I went to the front desk to explain the situation and the front dresk associated said I could either release the room for a $25 fee and if they were able to rebook it I wouldn't get charged ($269/night); I could see if someone with a queen size room and fireplace wanted to trade; or, I could get $100 off the room. I asked for a full refund with a $25 fee and the associate said that wasn't an option. I asked to speak to the manager and was told the manager was on the phone with her husband who was sick. I said I would wait and waited 20 minutes to speak to the manager who never showed. The front desk associate reiterated my options and asked if I would like the manager to give me a call. I provided my phone number and said if it was possible to switch to the queen sized room, I would. Of course, the manager never called but I did get a call from the front desk associate saying we had been switched. (still at the same price of $269/night). The room was outdated and didn't have any instruction/information for pool hours, where to get ice, how to operate the fire place, etc. Additionally, there wasn't a phone in the room to call anyone for assistance.
The next day, I was switched to a standard king size room. The first thing I noticed was used toilet paper on the bathroom floor. There was no soap in the dispenser and the mini fridge was not working. At 1:00a.m. we heard a rattle at the door and the person kept trying to get in. I answered the door and a couple apologized. They had been given the same room key! Had the bolt not been locked they would've come right in. In the morning, I made the front desk associate aware of the situation. There was no apology, instead she blamed me saying we got the wrong room! And, stated that everything was okay. I think she missed the point that the wrong was double booked.
Aside from all the problems we experienced, I still wouldn't consider this a luxury resory- Most rooms do not have a great view, the rooms are outdated, the complimentary morning buffet is all muffins and doughnuts, and the customer service is horrible.
I tried calling today to speak with a manager about the experience and was given the run around. For the price, there are a lot nicer facilities out there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Justin S
Reviewed 2 December 2013

A very good value for the area. We have stayed here at least a dozen times with family and friends. If your comfortable with rustic (dated) feel choose the less expensive rooms, it you need modern and shiny you have to rent higher priced room. The suites are great for up to 6 people and come with small kitchens.
On the property you can swim in small outdoor pool, enjoy the open spaces, grills and tables outside each room. Beautiful sunsets from the lawn or sunset deck!
Just down the street from down town and public beach.

And yeas the owner is crabby but she takes pride in her property. She also puts out a great breakfast with homemade treats.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mayamae
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This place is absolutely awful. Don't get me wrong, the view of the lake is great and the place has potential, but I had a terrible experience here. My wife and I got married here and were treated terrible. Every time we called to ask questions, nobody had any idea how to help. When we actually got the owners, they were extremely rude. Once we were actually there, we couldn't check in until 2 hours after our scheduled check in time. During our wedding they had the audacity to get on the speaker system and tell everyone that they had to move their cars or they would get towed. We had to rent out a certain number of rooms (which was expected), but we didn't get them all rented. We told them that if anybody came by and wanted them, to please give them the rooms so we wouldn't be charged. I had several people tell me they saw people come and request rooms (it was supposed to be full besides ours) and the front desk gave them a room. When the time came to pay, they claimed nobody took our rooms. Several other's told me about not having air conditioning in their rooms and that there was mold everywhere. To top everything off, my mother accidentally left an entire dresser full of clothes in her room. She called the front desk on the same day she checked out and they claimed they didn't find anything. She repeatedly called back with no luck. She finally called one more time telling the owner that she was going to file a police report about the stolen clothes. The owner told her "do what you got to do" and hung up on her. Then, about 10 minutes later someone called her and said they had found her clothes... it was around 10 days later. It was just an overall bad experience and the owners are extremely rude.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family