“Thanks again for the hospitality”

Inn at the Park Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 16 South Haven B&B and Inns
plantation, fl
“Thanks again for the hospitality”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We really had a wonderful time! Your place will be a top recommendation.The rooms were spotless. Breakfasts were nicely done. We certainly took advantage of all the places in the yard and the common areas to enjoy our snacks and complimentary wine. Its a perfect location to visit the town. Don't miss the sunset on the shore.Thanks again for the hospitality.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We booked a suite at Inn at the Park in South Haven, MI for 2 nights. We were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and wanted to go somewhere special. We decided on the Hawthorn suite, which had a balcony from which you could just barely catch sight of the harbor. We enjoyed the suite but it did tend to be a bit noisy if you kept the windows open, due to the Inn being right on a main street. As long as you closed the windows and the door to the balcony closed, it was relatively quiet.
We were greeted by one of the owners, Carol Ann, the wife, then she showed us to our suite. It had a 4 poster bed and the decorations fit in very well with the overall theme of a Victorian house. One disappointment was the owner would NOT allow us to turn the fireplace on, which could have made for a very romantic evening after getting out of the Jacuzzi.
The Inn is situated near the town and the beach. The web site lists them as being a short 3 minute walk but, it is more like 10 - 12 minutes to walk to those locations.
The beaches were very clean and well kept, with plenty of areas for swimming and having a picnic, which says a lot for South Haven.
Our breakfasts were served by Jerry, the husband, and Kevin. They made our day, both days. They were both extremely pleasant and talkative without being overbearing.
We did have 'social time' with wine and a snack from 5:30pm to 6:00 pm, which was nice but a bit too short on time to really be considered 'social time'. One hour would have been much more realistic, for everyone considered, especially the guests.
We had been given a certificate for a 'free' appetizer or dessert at one of three different restaurants in the area. Because it was our 50th wedding anniversary, we wanted a special meal and decided to go to Sophie's. The problem was, Sophie's was closed that night! The owner informed us later, "Sophie's is only open Thursday through Saturday nights". That would have been fantastic information to know before we went out for our 'special' dinner.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, choose a room towards the rear of the Inn. The Hawthorn is the only room with a b...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have to say the curb appeal of the B&B was at first very cute, and I only stay at B&B's. Two issues became immediate to me. First, there was NO A/C or temp control IN the room- the windows were open the entire time so it was either freezing at night or 80 degrees in the room during the day. There is a ceiling fan so that was nice. Secondly, the mattress was HORRIBLE, old, and the most uncomfortable mattress I have ever slept on in my life. Picture your summer camp mattress, yep! That's what you get here. Food was so-so, but very sparse. The husband was very kind, the wife not so much. This B&B lacks all the charm that typical B&B's have: no special chocolates or cookies left out, no inviting "social time" for other guests. It was a HUGE disappointment. Lastly, for the price this should have been a much more pleasant stay, but unfortunately it was not. I left very very disappointed with the entire experience. :( (OH and it says there are fireplaces but the owner does NOT let you turn them on.)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jayann S
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Spent two nights in Tamarack room. Very comfortable. Enjoyed the beautiful gardens in the evening. They had secure bike storage out of the weather which many places did not offer. Important to me as I rode in the Kalamazoo. Breakfasts were first class and I enjoyed complimentary wine when I checked in.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank TTEK1
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The food was good.
The service was good except when room cleaned first morning the towels were not changed and soap not replaced.
I was very disappointed that the room I had reserved was changed from Linden room to Willow room.In reviewing rooms on web site I would have preferred the room I had reserved. I wanted normal tub for my wife not Jacuzzi that we did not use. I picked the room for view in front yard not the back yard.
Breakfast in yard was vewry nice except when lawn mowers showed up and were very loud.
My wife and I always use B&B's when possible for last 25 years. This is first time I have had room switched exspecially without asking us before hand. A confirmation is a confirmation which should not be changed without permission.
We stayed there August 20,2013.

Don & Mel S.

Room Tip: Make sure they honor your request for room you want and not change your request without asking you.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
innkeeperinmichigan, Owner at Inn at the Park Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
I feel so badly that our assumption to upgrade at no charge was an unwelcomed change. Whenever we are able to move our guests to a larger room than what they booked, our guests have always been delighted. The Willow room is larger, has a big flat screen TV, and was a savings of $70 per night. So sorry we missed the target by doing this without your permission.

I will mention your concerns to the housekeeping staff. They are supposed to replace all towels that are left on the floor or in the shower, however, if your towels have been hung up, we assume that you will be using them a second day and an effort to help conserve water and utilities…but we are always more than willing to replace regardless… if we know that is what you would like. Again, our apologies if we did not communicate that to you.

I agree with you about the lawn mowers. I have done everything but stand on my head in an effort to get the mowers to come at a later time. WE have shooed them away and complained profusely to the owner but we seem to make little impact on their timeframe. We will keep trying.

I hope you will consider us for future stays and understand that since we didn't provide the service you expected, we may not be your first choice when back in the area…but if given a second chance we promise to make it up to you.
Michigan City, Indiana
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The Inn is a romantic place close to the beach and downtown South Haven.
Great food and a romantic atmosphere is why we will continue to return.
We are going back for our 1 year anniversary.
You really should try it for yourself.

Room Tip: The Hawthorne is our favorite room, jacuzzi tub for two, great view an a beautiful room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Brighton, Michigan
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My wife aren't huge b&b fans, but this was the best we have stayed in. Location is great for walking to dinner or the beach. Room was very nice and inn was well run. Brownies at night were awesome! Really nice place to stay - maybe a touch pricey but you get everything you need - good room and good location.

• Stayed August 2013
#8 of 11 in South Haven
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Inn at the Park Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!