“Great Location, LGBTIQCQ Friendly!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at the Park Bed & Breakfast

Inn at the Park Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 16 South Haven B&B and Inns
Chicago
“Great Location, LGBTIQCQ Friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2010

Stayed with Carol-Anne & Jerry third week of March and were immediately welcomed! Carol-Anne is well-versed in l'art de recevoir!

I arrived with my partner for a relaxing long weekend hoping to explore South Haven and it's environs, including wineries just south in Berrien Springs and Baroda. I was concerned that we would not arrive at a proper hour: arriving after 9:00 pm, yet Carol-Anne quickly reassured me that a note would await our late arrival with instructions on how to enter, information about the property and a key placed in our room. She also prompted us explore several other suites that were available that night and weekend for an additional few dollars. I welcomed the upgrade, but in the end we declined.

The room (Willow) was as I expected, well-appointed, secluded in a corner of the home on the second floor away from potential guest traffic. The bed was comfortable; fireplace was simple to work and jacuzzi provided a gentle closing to one evening.

Several highlights and features perhaps not mentioned on the website:

1. This property is located within ten minutes walking to the centre of the town.

2. The Depot, a well-established wine and spirits purveyor just two blocks away offers a good selection of Michigan and local wines!

3. Bicycles may be offered during warmer months! Speak with Carol-Anne directly!

4. If you fancy a film at the cinema, ask Carol-Anne for her popcorn bucket. The deal: $5.50 is the price per ticket to a film and this includes a bucket of popcorn and a soft drink!

5. The inn provides an honour-system public fridge to house one's left-overs and such and provides a few sodas ($ 1.00).

6. Their website proclaims a gourmet breakfast and indeed it is! I couldn't believe each serving of fruit salad included fruit which was perhaps not in season, though ripe and delicious! Carol-Anne and Jerry ensured that one's coffee was always fresh and hot and provided conversation making one feel like a member of the family!

Again, although we visited during the off-season in South Haven, I certainly plan to return and to stay at the Inn! While we didn't explore the multiple common areas: pub (where complimentary hors d'oeuvres are offered), salon and game-room I look forward to the next séjour!

Again, I reiterate the welcoming level of service and hospitality for myself and my same-sex partner!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank justinieniii

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

Following a sad family situation, we needed a diversion to rest and relax. We found it at Inn at the Park. It's a lovely Inn, exceptionally clean and very good service. We enjoyed th appetizers and wine, the cookies and coffees later and breakfasts were very delicious. The room was comfortable and the whirlpool was very relaxing. Nice selection of movies to watch.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2009

I'll start with the good. The location is great - it is about 5-10 minute walk to downtown and about a 5 minute walk to the beach (the smaller beach). The decor was a bit outdated, but it was still very charming and it was immaculate. The breakfast and late afternoon snacks were good. It was also very close to Uncle Lou's bar and restaurant which was very fun!

I wasn't overly thrilled with the staff, but they were all plesant enough. The pillows were awful. If you come to this b&b bring your own pillow. I had a sore neck from sleeping on their pillows. For some reason the air was not working that well in our room and it was a little warm the second night. The first night was fine though, so I assume this was an isolated incident.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicgo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

I recently stayed in a B&B in Union Pier which had neither a warm friendly atmosphere nor terrific hosts. I was reminded of my wonderful stay at Inn at the Park last October. The rooms were lovely and comfortable. The breakfasts were outstanding and the hosts (and staff) were charming, friendly, smiling, helpful! I loved the place and will stay there again if I return to South Haven.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2009

This was my husbands and I first stay at a B & B. I have to say when we arrived they hadchocolate covered strawberrys in our room with beautiful red roses!! When I walked into the entrance of the main part of the B&B it was a very huge WOW factor. The rooms are very beautiful, & romantic. We had or'durvers, a wonderful 5 course dinner that was included with our stay and breakfast was just as awesome as dinner... and they topped it off for the night with bedtime cookies. The innkeepers Jerry & Carol Ann are so in touch with running this inn. They are a part of what made this trip so wonderful. They made us feel so very welcome and it has a "Homey" feeling. This is exactly what we needed was a getaway weekend to just rejuvante. We have made our reservations to go back in April and I cannot wait for the dinner again. Anyone who is looking for an awesome place to say with innkeppers that are very caring & wonderful people please check this place out... I totally feel in love with this place...
Thank you Jerry & Carol Ann for a Wonderful Weekend

• Liked — The innkeepers, Breakfast & Dinner , the rooms,
  • Disliked — Not being able to stay longer
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
By the lake in Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2009

The quality is definitely slipping at this charming inn. We have stayed here quite a few times, and this last time was a disappointment. I'm not sure if the new owners are quite right for this type of business. For the price of the room, the amenities are atocious. Toilet paper was like a low priced motel (thin and scratchy - ), bathroom sink was so high, it was difficult to brush your teeth, plenty of video's to watch, but no VCR in our room!! They used to have an hour of snack time, which was decreased to 1/2 hour, snacks decreased in quality (used to be yummy chocolate covered strawberries) no fresh baked cookies, staff seemed to be husband and wife who I don't think really wanted to be there. Not very friendly. It's too bad, as the inn is lovely, the rooms are very pretty and the location is nice. I know times are tough, so when customers book at the inn, can we at least have decent toilet paper, make sure the VCR is in the room, and appreciate people who WANT to come there in this economy??

• Liked — Rooms are very nice
  • Disliked — Toilet paper! Unfriendly hosts.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Antiquelover2
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2008

When my boyfriend and I booked this Bed and Breakfast we didn't really think about possible weather condition problems. The day that we were to arrive, a big snow storm hit the area. This caused our arrival time to be well outside the 3 o'clock time frame. The innkeepers did their best to help us with directions, alternative routes, and updates on the weather. We were called throughout the night to make sure we were still on our way. We were some of the only guests staying there that night, due to our late arrive our breakfast time was pushed back as well. It was great to take out time getting up in the morning when we were ready to instead of setting an alarm and rushing to breakfast at 9 am. I loved the room that we stayed in and will be returning. I felt welcomed and was able to talk with the owners in the morning. They opened all of the doors to each room and let us explore around the rooms on our own. It was great. The breakfast was well prepared and enjoyable. I was really happy with my stay and we will return again in the future.

• Liked — The room was perfect, the staff was great and the food was excellent!
  • Disliked — Not havin enough time to spend there due to the weather
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Comfort Suites South Haven
Comfort Suites South Haven
#8 of 11 in South Haven

Been to Inn at the Park Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!