Stayed with Carol-Anne & Jerry third week of March and were immediately welcomed! Carol-Anne is well-versed in l'art de recevoir!
I arrived with my partner for a relaxing long weekend hoping to explore South Haven and it's environs, including wineries just south in Berrien Springs and Baroda. I was concerned that we would not arrive at a proper hour: arriving after 9:00 pm, yet Carol-Anne quickly reassured me that a note would await our late arrival with instructions on how to enter, information about the property and a key placed in our room. She also prompted us explore several other suites that were available that night and weekend for an additional few dollars. I welcomed the upgrade, but in the end we declined.
The room (Willow) was as I expected, well-appointed, secluded in a corner of the home on the second floor away from potential guest traffic. The bed was comfortable; fireplace was simple to work and jacuzzi provided a gentle closing to one evening.
Several highlights and features perhaps not mentioned on the website:
1. This property is located within ten minutes walking to the centre of the town.
2. The Depot, a well-established wine and spirits purveyor just two blocks away offers a good selection of Michigan and local wines!
3. Bicycles may be offered during warmer months! Speak with Carol-Anne directly!
4. If you fancy a film at the cinema, ask Carol-Anne for her popcorn bucket. The deal: $5.50 is the price per ticket to a film and this includes a bucket of popcorn and a soft drink!
5. The inn provides an honour-system public fridge to house one's left-overs and such and provides a few sodas ($ 1.00).
6. Their website proclaims a gourmet breakfast and indeed it is! I couldn't believe each serving of fruit salad included fruit which was perhaps not in season, though ripe and delicious! Carol-Anne and Jerry ensured that one's coffee was always fresh and hot and provided conversation making one feel like a member of the family!
Again, although we visited during the off-season in South Haven, I certainly plan to return and to stay at the Inn! While we didn't explore the multiple common areas: pub (where complimentary hors d'oeuvres are offered), salon and game-room I look forward to the next séjour!
Again, I reiterate the welcoming level of service and hospitality for myself and my same-sex partner!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious South Haven bed and breakfast located just steps from downtown and the harbor, and a block from Lake Michigan. Elegantly appointed rooms, delectable full breakfast, evening hors d'oeuvres and gracious hospitality. All nine spacious rooms have fireplaces, and some have soothing whirlpool baths. Small meetings and retreats welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Inn at the Park Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At The Park Bed & Breakfast Hotel South Haven
- Inn At The Park Bed And Breakfast