“Lovely, romantic & peaceful. . .”

Inn at the Park Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 16 South Haven B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 June 2010

Stayed at the Inn at the Park for three nights over Memorial Day Weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversity. Simply up and beyond enjoyment! Carol Ann & Jerry are kind, warm & do what it takes to make your stay all and more than what you expect. They take great pride in the inn & that is apparent throughout: upscale, clean, neat, warm, relaxing, inviting & breakfast is wonderful. This delightful inn is a charming way to spend one or more nights to relax, enjoy that special person in your life & to get away for enjoyment. It is in a prime location: half a block from the harbor, across the street from a park, a block from the lake and a couple of blocks from downtown. We are looking forward to a return visit in the future. Carol Ann & Jerry - thank you for your hospitality and sharing your lovely inn with us.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank petfriendly

Reviewed 16 May 2010

We recently had a fine experience at the Inn at the Park. We have stayed at a large number of B&B's across the nation, and this one ranks with the best. The breakfast was served in a cozy setting that invited conversation with other guests. We were made to feel at home, so we lingered when finished with the meal.

We like a breakfast that is varied and flavourful. Some B&B's try too hard to impress you with their culinary prowess, to the point that the course's are a little too adventureous with strange flavors and textures. We have frequented the best B&B's over the years, and we have a large number to compare with. Since we stayed for 4 days, we quickly came to expect an excellent execution of flavorful dishes, with each item done perfectly, with no duds. Neither my wife or I eat much breakfast normally, but I, in particular, became a member of the clean plate club during our stay, and my wife agreed with me, that it was the best B&B dining experience we had in recent memory.

Since we stayed in a slightly unusual setting, a small attached condo, it may be hard to equate to the experience of other guests. But we elected to stay for 4 days, because the weather was unseasonably cold and rainy, and we wanted roomy accommodations. The condo was clean, with a perfect bed, two great sofas and a large flat screen TV. Nice stove and refrigerator, and the bathroom was ample. It also had a good washer and dryer. Free wireless internet, and in general we were quite comfortable.

The location is a few minutes walking distance from the beach, and I dodged the rain, and managed two extended fast walking excursions on the beach for exercise.

We stayed at another very highly rated B&B on this trip, but honestly, the Inn at the Park was much better in all respects.

This is an unsolicited comment. I don't do this much, although we travel a fair amount. But the experience was unusual, and the hosts were friendly. It's nice to be able to say something good about service and people for a change.

Jim

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Stayed with Carol-Anne & Jerry third week of March and were immediately welcomed! Carol-Anne is well-versed in l'art de recevoir!

I arrived with my partner for a relaxing long weekend hoping to explore South Haven and it's environs, including wineries just south in Berrien Springs and Baroda. I was concerned that we would not arrive at a proper hour: arriving after 9:00 pm, yet Carol-Anne quickly reassured me that a note would await our late arrival with instructions on how to enter, information about the property and a key placed in our room. She also prompted us explore several other suites that were available that night and weekend for an additional few dollars. I welcomed the upgrade, but in the end we declined.

The room (Willow) was as I expected, well-appointed, secluded in a corner of the home on the second floor away from potential guest traffic. The bed was comfortable; fireplace was simple to work and jacuzzi provided a gentle closing to one evening.

Several highlights and features perhaps not mentioned on the website:

1. This property is located within ten minutes walking to the centre of the town.

2. The Depot, a well-established wine and spirits purveyor just two blocks away offers a good selection of Michigan and local wines!

3. Bicycles may be offered during warmer months! Speak with Carol-Anne directly!

4. If you fancy a film at the cinema, ask Carol-Anne for her popcorn bucket. The deal: $5.50 is the price per ticket to a film and this includes a bucket of popcorn and a soft drink!

5. The inn provides an honour-system public fridge to house one's left-overs and such and provides a few sodas ($ 1.00).

6. Their website proclaims a gourmet breakfast and indeed it is! I couldn't believe each serving of fruit salad included fruit which was perhaps not in season, though ripe and delicious! Carol-Anne and Jerry ensured that one's coffee was always fresh and hot and provided conversation making one feel like a member of the family!

Again, although we visited during the off-season in South Haven, I certainly plan to return and to stay at the Inn! While we didn't explore the multiple common areas: pub (where complimentary hors d'oeuvres are offered), salon and game-room I look forward to the next séjour!

Again, I reiterate the welcoming level of service and hospitality for myself and my same-sex partner!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank justinieniii
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Following a sad family situation, we needed a diversion to rest and relax. We found it at Inn at the Park. It's a lovely Inn, exceptionally clean and very good service. We enjoyed th appetizers and wine, the cookies and coffees later and breakfasts were very delicious. The room was comfortable and the whirlpool was very relaxing. Nice selection of movies to watch.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2009

I'll start with the good. The location is great - it is about 5-10 minute walk to downtown and about a 5 minute walk to the beach (the smaller beach). The decor was a bit outdated, but it was still very charming and it was immaculate. The breakfast and late afternoon snacks were good. It was also very close to Uncle Lou's bar and restaurant which was very fun!

I wasn't overly thrilled with the staff, but they were all plesant enough. The pillows were awful. If you come to this b&b bring your own pillow. I had a sore neck from sleeping on their pillows. For some reason the air was not working that well in our room and it was a little warm the second night. The first night was fine though, so I assume this was an isolated incident.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2009

I recently stayed in a B&B in Union Pier which had neither a warm friendly atmosphere nor terrific hosts. I was reminded of my wonderful stay at Inn at the Park last October. The rooms were lovely and comfortable. The breakfasts were outstanding and the hosts (and staff) were charming, friendly, smiling, helpful! I loved the place and will stay there again if I return to South Haven.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2009

This was my husbands and I first stay at a B & B. I have to say when we arrived they hadchocolate covered strawberrys in our room with beautiful red roses!! When I walked into the entrance of the main part of the B&B it was a very huge WOW factor. The rooms are very beautiful, & romantic. We had or'durvers, a wonderful 5 course dinner that was included with our stay and breakfast was just as awesome as dinner... and they topped it off for the night with bedtime cookies. The innkeepers Jerry & Carol Ann are so in touch with running this inn. They are a part of what made this trip so wonderful. They made us feel so very welcome and it has a "Homey" feeling. This is exactly what we needed was a getaway weekend to just rejuvante. We have made our reservations to go back in April and I cannot wait for the dinner again. Anyone who is looking for an awesome place to say with innkeppers that are very caring & wonderful people please check this place out... I totally feel in love with this place...
Thank you Jerry & Carol Ann for a Wonderful Weekend

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Haven
#5 of 11 in South Haven
The Inn at Harbor Shores
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Inn at the Park Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!