Carriage House at the Harbor
US$93
ComfortSuites
US$113
US$106
Hampton Inn South Haven(South Haven)(Great Value!)
US$165
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Express South Haven(South Haven)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$95
US$99
US$96
US$154
US$139
Hotel Nichols(South Haven)
All reviewswhite chapelsconesbed and breakfastmy husband and igreat view of the harborprivate balconyother guestslake michiganthird floornice treatsitting roomwonderful weekendbreakfast was deliciousromantic getawaywe've stayedboth morningsblack river
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Service, location, food, amenities, etc. Clean and complete. All were grand. Walking distance to the beach, marina, parks & neighborhood. Owners were very helpful with suggestions for dinner. We'll be back, again and again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank newsdigger
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I came to the Carriage House by myself on a mini retreat. It was fab! I searched on TripAdvisor beforehand to get some recommendations for B&B's and this one ended up on top of my list. I took advantage of the winter special ($140/night for any room). From the moment I arrived the Inn Keeper, Amy, was such a doll! This was my first time staying in a B&B and I will definitely recommend this place AND will be coming back with my boyfriend next time! I stayed for 3 days and had the best adventure yet! I chose to stay in the Dorsey Room (so cute and charming, perfect for one person). Its on the top floor so the noise level was very minimal, I didn't have to worry about others making noise above me. The bed was super comfortable, not to hard or soft just right. Breakfast was AMAZING...Amy, you know how to cook girl! I like the setting of how breakfast was set up...since I was alone I sat with a very nice couple who ironically didn't live that far away from where I live in the Chicagoland area, mingling is nice.
Anywho...the owners of the Carriage House were so sweet and knew the area of South Haven and Saugutak very well...they recommended some great places for me to go visit during my stay. Because i visited during the winter months not many places were open BUT I didn't care because I got to see the Lighthouse! This is a must an as an aspiring photographer this made my trip! I'll be back but during summer, :)!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank dclement04
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My wife and I had a simply awesome time here for 3 nights. David and Amy treated us like family and when you stay at a B & B thats how you want to be treated. Breakfasts were very nice and we met many other travelers. We hope to get back in the summer and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a wonderful winter getaway at the Carriage House B & B. Everything was perfect. The room was so comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was fantastic. The location is perfect. And the hosts were extremely helpful and friendly. Wonderful view from our room of the harbor. South Haven is such a great little town, but shhhhhh.... Don't tell anyone. I can't say enough good things about the Carriage House and the town of South Haven.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 21 January 2013

My husband and I took advantage of the Carriage House's January special ($140 per night for any room) and enjoyed a winter weekend getaway. With cozy common areas and rooms, it's just as enjoyable in the winter as during the summer months. The location is excellent and you can walk into town or to the beach. Breakfast is served at 9am and is delicious-- it's more than enough food and is gourmet in nature. They also ofter afternoon cookies and popcorn. For a bed and breakfast, we thought our room with a king size bed was very spacious. My suggestion: book a room on the second or third floor. We stayed on the first floor and were awakened early both mornings by people walking around above us. The Carriage House at the Harbor is a wonderful place to stay and we'll be back again!

Room Tip: Consider a room on the second or third floor so that you don't hear others above you
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple