“Wonderful stay for our anniversary”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Haven
Carriage House at the Harbor
Ranked #4 of 16 South Haven B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 4-night stay here for our wedding anniversary. It was our first time in South Haven and our first time at a B&B and we had a wonderful experience here.

We stayed in the Victoria room, and I'd highly recommend it. The private entrance was SO convenient--just steps from the parking lot--easy to lug your bags and beach equipment in and out without having a bunch of stairs. It also has its own refrigerator, which was nice, though the inn does have one for all guests also to share. The one complaint about the room is that the couch is not very comfortable, but otherwise the bed was awesome and we LOVED the view of the harbor.

You are about a 15 min. walk into downtown. We ended up driving over a lot just because it can get old making the trek everyday and we had some rain on our trip, but it is a doable walk. More importantly, you are a block from the beach, which was the point of our trip here.

The breakfasts here are just amazing. The staff is so nice and accommodating and Khaki is a sweetheart as well :) I never thought I was much of a B&B person, but staying here has made me re-think that. If we return to S.Haven (and we want to), we will definitely be back at the Carriage House.

Room Tip: The Victoria is a great choice for convenient private entrance and kitchenette. Make sure you do not...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Such a lovely bed and breakfast in a wonderful location. This was my first visit to Michigan... and it lived up to what I expected in this cute lakeside town in what seems like the Heart of America. The décor and interior of this Harborside B&B was so cute, historical, romantic and charming. I found myself appreciating and capturing the detail with photographs. The owners (their names have escaped me) and staff were so kind and hospitable. During breakfast one of the owners gladly gave us the history of the B&B and South Haven..... which added to the charm of our stay. The location was perfect. Short walk to the beach. Short walk over the bridge to the restaurants and the Saturday Farmers Market. The grounds were beautiful.....with cute herb gardens and flowers. The breakfast was divine, delicious and picture worthy. The owners have information on hand to local vineyards and things to do. All you have to do is simply show up and relax.
I would highly recommend a romantic weekend or a trip with Mom to Carriage House, South Haven. It's a wonderful place to stay in a very cute little town.
Side note: The Mexican Restaurant in town is very good :)

Room Tip: Troika was lovely. Comfortable bed, nice size and beautiful view from the porch overlooking the har...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband had a business meeting planned in South Haven, Michigan. We thought it might be fun for me to tag along for the day. After his meeting, we planned to explore the town, and stay the night. After reading all the wonderful reviews of Carriage House at the Harbour, it just seemed like the best choice for us. I checked availability for rooms, and there were a few rooms left, so rather than book, we just took a chance there would be a room left, as it was early in the week. We showed up unexpectedly, and were greeted very warmly. The room that I had initially seen on the internet was still available, and we were happily welcomed. We stayed in the Victoria, which we were told was the former innkeepers quarters. It was lovely. We had a separate entrance, a small kitchen, a very large bedroom, with an ensuite bath and a lovely, lovely balcony with a beautiful view of the harbour. We were walking distance to the town and the beach, so we couldn't be happier. The Inn is absolutely beautiful..The staff are awesome. The afternoon treats of homebaked cookies and popcorn, just hit the spot. And of course, the breakfast was awesome. Our suite was clean, and roomy and very charming. Walking to the town for dinner and back home, was lovely. Our stay was short, however, we will definitely be back again for a longer stay. i wouldn't think twice in recommending this Inn...everything was magnificent !!!

Room Tip: We loved the Victoria Room ....
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank cwoodgirl
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This B&B is 1block N of the bridge and in easy walking distance to a park, the harbour, the beach, and downtown. The breakfast includes homemade pastries, fresh fruit, and a scuffle type egg dish. Breakfast is served at 9 a.m., which is bit later than I like, but worth the wait. Coffee is available at 7:30 and there are snacks in the early afternoon. Rooms are small but attractively furnished. The Troika room where we stayed overlooks the harbour.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the harbour. Parking is tight and limited on the property.
3  Thank beamc
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My husband and I had been here a couple years ago during a particularly stressful time of our lives. Our friends had picked up the tab so we could just focus on regaining strength and going forward. This time we had a whole different attitude, but recalled what brought us back. Gorgeous surroundings, meticulous attention to detail with regard to cleanliness,comfort, and service. The breakfasts were delicious and something one might expect from a visiting gourmet chef. A walk by the boats in the harbor, on the beach, or simply through the park, was enough to relax even the most energetic spirit. Follow that by sipping wine on one's private balcony overlooking the harbor, and you have a perfect ending to a restful day at the Inn. Wonderful, classy, elegant place that I would highly recommend!!!!

Room Tip: Look at all of the rooms online. We prefer the rooms with a balcony overlooking the harbor. Some ro...
1  Thank Take-a-Break-Girl
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Great location, wonderful breakfast and authentic atmosphere. Everything you want from a B&B.
My wife and I stayed here in Summer and enjoyed wonderful sunsets on the beach, easy walk to restaurants and town. Don't hesitate for a perfect weekend anytime.

1  Thank BVelcich
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Nice B&B in S. Haven. Rooms are nicely decorated and this B&B is very clean. Nice, quiet location by the harbor, tucked back on the street near the harbor and a close walk to the Lake to see the gorgeous sunset. Mid-week is a good time to stay since the quietness is peaceful. The breakfast was good and nice presentation. The breakfast room with all the windows is a lovely setting to enjoy your breakfast looking over the harbor area. Overnight stay could have been 100% satisfaction if the temperature of the room had not become warm about 2am.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Baymont Inn & Suites South Haven
Boulevard Inn
Boulevard Inn
#3 of 6 in Saint Joseph

Been to Carriage House at the Harbor? Share your experiences!