“Perfect Inn for a vacation in South Haven”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Haven
Carriage House at the Harbor
Ranked #3 of 16 South Haven B&B and Inns
Michigan City, Indiana
“Perfect Inn for a vacation in South Haven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was a special year for us - we celebrated 45 years of marriage and wanted to go somewhere that would provide a special background for the weekend. We chose Carriage House because we stayed there once before and had a wonderful experience. This year was no different. The room was quaint but updated. The two breakfasts we had were both 5 star quality! The staff are friendly and easy to approach with questions. The view from the dining room (and some of the rooms) is a fantastic panorama of the river and marinas. In fact, this is the only bed and breakfast with such a view in all of South Haven. It's a simple one block walk to Lake Michigan, and several blocks to the downtown shopping area, with loads of specialty stores and restaurants. We love visiting Michigan and we love South Haven in particular!

Room Tip: There are several rooms with water views, but all of them are good. Just depends on your budget.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Warsaw, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I searched all over the internet for the perfect bed and breakfast for our 1 year anniversary. We decided to take a trip to south haven, Michigan and do the wineries along the way from Indiana. This place was very nice, peaceful and very clean. Our room which was called the "white Chapel" was very nice and comfortable. The room had a balcony with a awesome view of the harbor. The inn keepers had a huge selection of games to take back to your room and play and huge selection of good movies to take back too... best part was the breakfast!! Awesome food and lots to do there.. make sure you go to the shore and take pictures at sunset!!

Room Tip: We only saw our room but I highly recommend it. I'm very picky and I loved it. The white chapel...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Indianagirl514
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We loved the wonderful warm atmosphere at the Carriage house. The Inn is bright and really clean. The staff is friendly,helpful,engaging and professional . We stayed in the Troika room and enjoyed the lovely view from our balcony. The room was spacious. Breakfast was fine, served at 9:00. Nothing special but perfect start to the day! Would definitely return!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucy2go
Amherst, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I recently stayed two nights at the Carriage House. The property was quite lovely and well maintained with a nice view of the harbor. Our room was immaculate, and the king sized bed was quite comfortable. I loved that the towels were thick and plush. Breakfasts were plentiful. Overall, it was a nice stay, and I would consider coming back.

We are experienced Bed and Breakfast travelers, so I know that this type of lodging can come with its quirks. Just a few things that we noticed that would be nice additions, especially at rates in the high $200's to low $300's per night. First, their wifi never worked in our room. The innkeeper told us she knew nothing of it and to not ask her for help. Second, the entire inn shares one iron and ironing board. I had to return it quickly because the staff needed it for the day. Third, I have some dietary allergies and cannot eat eggs. This appeared to baffle the inn's staff, as it required 6 emails and clarification as to what I could or could not eat. I always responded that I was happy with toast and fruit, and they did, ultimately, accommodate me. However, I've never encountered these issues at other b and b lodgings and didn't feel that any were extraordinary requests. I hope that the Carriage House will consider these improvements that can make a difference in a guest's stay.

Room Tip: Splurge on the private balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bmaiden
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This Bed n Breakfast was very nice and comfortable. Innkeeper was super and made us feel at home. Our room had a balcony which overlooked the harbor marina. Very relaxing watching the boats coming and going from the marina. We would definitely go back to this B&B.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Randall S
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We love going to the Carriage House. The beds are perfect, the staff is wonderful, and we always make new friends when we want to mingle with the other guests. The views of the harbor and the 60 second walk to the beach are constant reminders that all is well in our world.

• Stayed July 2014
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was one of the nicest B&B's I've stayed at. We were met by Amy the Innkeeper and our room was ready at check in time. She was very helpful telling us about South Haven's points of interest and made us feel at home. We had a room with a porch that overlooked the harbor, this was AMAZING! I read and watched the boats for hours. The inn was clean and the bed was comfortable. The location to the lake and town are perfect, you can walk to everything. Breakfast was great and the staff was friendly and efficient. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014