Old Harbor Inn
US$93
ComfortSuites
US$111
US$106
Hampton Inn South Haven(South Haven)(Great Value!)
US$165
Holiday Inn Express South Haven(South Haven)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$95
US$99
US$96
Hotels.com
US$154
US$139
Hotel Nichols(South Haven)
Sun n Sand Resort(South Haven)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsharbor view roomsound machinesmall balconymy husband and isummer ratesoff seasonwithin walking distancesouth beachenjoyed our staybed was comfortablebeautiful roommemorial day weekendperfect locationmaritime museumidlernoisedowntown
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This hotel is in a perfect spot in South Haven. We choose a deluxe room with harbor view and it was truely amazing. The room was decorated very classy with high end furniture and accesories. The bed was a king size memory foam mattress with soft linnens. I had the best nights sleep of my life! The sofa was sink in compfortable while we enjoyed the fire place while watching the big screen tv which swiviled to view from the living area or the bedroom. The veiw from the windows was the harbor with all of the boats... nice breez and sunsets... Everything was in walking distance. We parked in the public lot down the block and walked everywhere we needed to go for the weekend. We will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Char024
Leah S, Guest Relations Manager at Old Harbor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your room, the view and South Haven! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 19 September 2012

We have been going to Old Harbor Inn several times a year for more than 20 years. Our stay in mid- August 2012 was our last. The carpets were filthy, we had to call the desk to get trash removed ,sheets and blankets were left pulled out and wrinkled at the bottm of the bed but the spread was pulled up to cover them. I had a letter sent to me at the Inn.I asked at the desk if it had arrived__it could not be found. The next day the manager told me he put it under my door, since we did not get it the maid must have taken it. She was not working that day the manager couldn't question her. A month has passed and I have heard nothing from Mr. Marple. In light of this terrible service,filthy carpets, and incompetent and dis-interested management all future visits to So. Haven will be spent at the Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: Stay at a different motel
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank John K
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed at the Old Harbor Inn in late August, 2012. Having read several of the reviews, I pretty much knew what to expect. It is an older, more rustic property. The carpeting needs to be replaced throughout. Our room was very big and had been recently renovated (except for the carpet). The beds were very comfortable and we had a nice big window looking out on the street below. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. The hotel is situated on the harbor close to lots of shops, restaurants and a great wine bar. The hotel was a little expensive, but there isn't much in town. The front desk person was nice, but very young and perhaps new at her job. I think we would probably stay there again. Our friends paid about $225 a night for a room with a balcony overlooking the harbor and they were disappointed because the balcony was extremely small - barely room for two chairs. Don't pay extra for the balconies. Also, beware of the noise factor on the weekends. The walls are thin.

Room Tip: There is a bar located on one end of the hotel. If you want a quieter room, stay at the other end. Also the balconies are very small on the harbor side and are not really worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Visitor023
Reviewed 25 August 2012

My sister and I took our mother on an overnight trip to South Haven. Considering there wasn't much on the waterfront (accomodations) and looking at comments before we went we pretty much got what we were expecting. The hotel is very old and dirty. I will say the room was very large including a living room, small kitchen, and bedroom. We asked the front desk for more sheets and blankets because the blankets in the closet were dirty. After waiting an hour I went to the front desk and they said they had knocked. They also said they called the room but didn't get an answer. I said well probably because the phone is in the closet. The front desk clerk asked why it was in there and I stated I don't know that's where it was when we checked in. We assumed it was unplugged and in the closet because it didn't work. The carpet was dirty and the sofa had stains on it. The place needs a total renovation.....

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Tayalee
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I stayed here for two nights with my friends, we had two rooms and they were wonderful! The beds are comfortable and the view of the river and South Haven is amazing. However, when we arrived at the hotel the front desk lady would not even stand up and point us in the right direction after giving us the keys, when we asked for direction again, she again just pointed a finger and was no help, again we asked and she didn't give any additional directions. There are several passage ways to get to all of the rooms and it is confusing. Other interactions with the staff were equally as frustrating. Someone sent me a gift while staying at the hotel and the staff never gave it to me and when asking about it at check out, the young lady at the front desk had no idea what to do, I never got it. The room was also EXTREMELY loud during the day because of the bar downstairs.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends